Home

Anyone think this game cheats?

This is a discussion on Anyone think this game cheats? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #17
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Anyone think this game cheats?

Quote:

BDeVoLi said:
Anything higher than the Pro difficulty, it totally screws me over.

Then why don't you stick to Pro?
Old 01-08-2004, 07:03 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Cardot said:

Because I win, like, 70-0 on Pro.

If anyone sees this, is there something special you have to do to get the jukebox to work in the crib? I've unlocked soundtracks, & the thing says to push A to add tracks to the playlist, but it doesn't work. I scroll to a soundtrack I've unlocked, highlight songs & push A, along with trying every other button, and it never adds them. I can't play anything.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:04 AM   #19
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

You must have a really messed up copy.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:56 PM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

BDeVoLi said:
Quote:

Cardot said:

Because I win, like, 70-0 on Pro.

Have you tried customizing Sliders to something in between Pro and all pro?

In sports games, there is a pretty fine line between, "this game is too easy" and "this game is cheating me".
Old 01-08-2004, 07:46 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

BDeVoLi said:
Anything higher than the Pro difficulty, it totally screws me over.

It's nearly impossible to complete passes. The computer intercepts balls they have no business intercepting. The ball sometimes magically transports itself from my receiver's hands to a defender's. I rarely have more than two seconds to get a pass off. The glitch-like way my receivers have their progress impeded by a defender while going after a pass is really pissing me off. If it's late & close, there is absolutely no stopping the computer's miracle drives. And I will be picked-off or lose fumbles, guaranteed. A fat defensive lineman named Ekuban ran down a sprinting Mike Vick from ten yards away, for crying out loud. And he did it many times.

This game is such a letdown for this stuff, and I can't believe I haven't seen any other posts mentioning it. Doesn't anyone else have the problem?

The more you make the game real by tweaking the longer you need to make the qtrs....It's call the law of averages. You can't expect to tweak a game to make it tough and then play 5 or 6 minute qtrs. I am not saying you are but i know a lot of people here do. They skip the replays all the time which actually consume time likr in a real game. I can play on difficult as there is and play 15 min qtrs (I use the fast spped so the clock goes a bit quicker) and I get total real NFL stats on both sides. It does favor the CPU on straight up. There's no denying it. Anyone who says it doesn't is lying. but tweaking the sliders (You have to be honest to what you feel your team would do) makes the game so cool and realistic minus the flaws that will have to be addressed next season that I quit playing Madden (and I love that game) all together!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2004, 01:35 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

For BDeVoLi (Original Post)

To answer your original question, the answer is 'yes'. This game cheats. I am about two clicks below All-Pro level. No matter what team I am playing, and no matter what the score, during the last two minutes of the game the AI turns into GOD. And, they always score during this time. The first three quarters is about the only time you get realistic football out of the AI. If you do not have at least a 10+ point lead entering the 4th quarter, watch out. You will probably be losing that game.

The game also has a habit of letting the AI fall forward, rolling on top of your tackler, resulting in an 8 yard gain, which realistically should have only been about a three yard gain. This kind of crap is more frequent in the 2nd half.

There is also this REALLY annoying lag in game play at times when you are tackling the AI. (This is NOT referring to the normal lag you get while playing online, but playing the AI in a one-player Franchise Mode game.) This lag prevents you from getting another tackler on the runner in time before the runner escapes your first tackler. This one REALLY fries my Nards!
Old 01-09-2004, 02:39 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

funny, me and all the people that posted before you never seemed to see any of this stuff.

btw, if you just use another defender and help bring the RB down (not dive) it stops that roll forward EVERY SINGLE TIME. the animation is in there to encourage gang tackling. i do think the game needs to have the cpu help out more but if you do it yourself it always works. i can't imagine how you're seeing more of this in the 2nd half. maybe you get more and more frustrated and start diving too much.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:54 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

Wharton,

If you don't press the 'tackle' button, how on earth do you expect to tackle your man? What are you doing that the rest of us don't know about?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »