Home

What are you doing to get the most out of 2k5?

This is a discussion on What are you doing to get the most out of 2k5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
What are you doing to get the most out of 2k5?

There have been so many formulas, changes, edits etc etc. So what are the remainder of 2k5 fans(might be more coming seeing how madden 25 is going) lol but how do most of you play the game now? Extreme edits? ignore sim stats? play just the default game? use just sliders? I have been through just about everything, and i'm still going through edits and stuff, but i have decided to eliminate sim stats fully by just watching every franchise game (yes every game) so im working hard on edits. How about the other 2k5 fans?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What are you doing to get the most out of 2k5?

Trying to find sliders that correct all that from the start XD
Old 09-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm playing every game of 1984. I'm halfway through week 6. I like that every guy matters to me now, as I choose my team by coin flip. It's hard to play against my Dolphins, but I've beaten them 4 times now.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Lol, yeah i had success with just sliders like radja, rspencer, bills, aj's etc etc. But they can be inconsistent as i found out in the past i might go back to that. And Dolphin i love your old school rosters always great and with me not simming but letting the cpu play the games that dont involve my team which may help out with alot of the glitches and issues in franchise mode. It gets pretty exciting, though of course takes forever to finish a season but is worth it. And Dolphin do you play with any edits sliders or anything like that?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I have my sliders set where most decent players have them- CPU jacked up and mine down low. The edits are strictly from my rosters. I have no completion % problems. I keep DBs lower (many in 60s and 70s / few in 90s).

The only non-realistic thing I see is cpu running backs breaking off some big runs now and again. I got burned by an average back for more than 200 yards a few games ago. Weird thing is, all 3 Bills QBs are all rated very average (none above 70s), but they have all been tearing it up like crazy on the field (they keep getting injured).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Aimbrogn's Arena

OVR: 4

I downloaded the 2008 rosters and I am doing a 32 team single-elimination tournament versus the computer for that season. I usually do these every year against the computer but I remember that year was one I did not have the time to complete a tourney. I also found Madden 09 to be terrible that year especially in the passing game.

The rosters for that year are fun to use as most players are still around and I like that Jets team with Brett Favre on it for one season. I played as the Giants the other night and the 2K picture of a rookie Eli Manning looked like he was fresh out of high school. I wonder if those can be updated?
Old 10-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #7
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimbrogn
I downloaded the 2008 rosters and I am doing a 32 team single-elimination tournament versus the computer for that season. I usually do these every year against the computer but I remember that year was one I did not have the time to complete a tourney. I also found Madden 09 to be terrible that year especially in the passing game.

The rosters for that year are fun to use as most players are still around and I like that Jets team with Brett Favre on it for one season. I played as the Giants the other night and the 2K picture of a rookie Eli Manning looked like he was fresh out of high school. I wonder if those can be updated?
Nice I love Tournaments and sports games, and if you are talking about updating pictures thats not possible now as far as i know.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Aimbrogn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Nice I love Tournaments and sports games, and if you are talking about updating pictures thats not possible now as far as i know.
No big deal about the pictures. I am having a hard time justifying the purchase of Madden 25 so I likely will be downloading the 2013 rosters and doing my annual tourney in 2k5. This game has fantastic gameplay and such attention to detail. The retro rosters and managing my crib in this game keep 2k5 in my 360 on a nightly basis. It would be sweet if they made pre 1980 roster sets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »