Home

I Can't Play This Game Anymore...

This is a discussion on I Can't Play This Game Anymore... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2004, 02:01 AM   #1
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
I Can\'t Play This Game Anymore...

...In 3rd person.

Man!!! I've been playin FPF exclusively for the last 2 or 3 weeks and the ore I play...the less find myself wanting go back to 3rd person aka God Mode. Don't get me wrong, FPF has its fair amount of issues but Once you get used to the gameplay it becomes addictive.

This is crazy because when I first got the game...I tried FPF first and thought.."aaah...its okay but back to 3rd person". But after some months of 3rd person play I was gettin a lil bored and tried FPF and stuck with it for a change of pace....man I'm glad I did that.

I play as the MLB on defense and its incredible....especially when I have a dominating perfomance. The Thing I'm excited about right now is my pass coverage skills. I'm cool in Man2man but I'm getting really good in zone coverage and making plays on the football.

On offense I play with the auto-switch off so I'm either the qb or Hb at all times. Theres nothing like engineering a game winning drive or making a game saving tackle in FPF. Theres a sigth/vision issue when playing Qb though...no height relevance. But Its functionable. Sometimes I just call a play and let the CPU execute but its hard to watch that in First Person and it almost compels you take control again.

I actually find myself making plays in FPF that KNOW I wouldn't be able to make in 3rd person mode. The way things develop in FPF allow you to react differently ....just like as if you were on the field.

You HAVE TO react differently simply because you don't have that god-view advantage of 3rd person anymore. Game flow is more realistic because you'll end up taking more time to pick plays, call audibles, hot routes and shifts. Basically, the sh*t is real. I watch replays like "Damn...how did I do that?".

Right now FPF Mode is pretty raw so its not for everyone but for those who wanna experience something fresh a and rewarding in espnfl...I say you should try it and stick with it. I know there are alot of mixed opinions on FPF...some say its cool while others feel it should be scrapped. But I'm gonna tell yall right now...after playing this mode for almost a month...it ain't goin nowhere. Theres just too much potential in FPF.

I could write something up ...a feature list... that could make FPF good enough to be a stand-alone Game let alone a feature IN a game. So I'm already looking forward to the improvements VC makes for FPF in nfl2k5. It should be off the chain.

Anyway thats all I had to say. I'm sure I'll go back to 3rd person eventually but thats not happenin anytime soon. Good stuff VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2004, 02:03 AM   #2
Banned

Re: I Can\'t Play This Game Anymore...

Haha Kanobi you scared me for a minute...

Yeah, today I played FIVE 8 minute franchise games in FPM... I'm tellin' ya that this is a feature with potential! It's not juts a feature, it's a mode!
Old 01-10-2004, 02:12 AM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

MuffinMcFluffin said:
Haha Kanobi you scared me for a minute...

Yeah, today I played FIVE 8 minute franchise games in FPM... I'm tellin' ya that this is a feature with potential! It's not juts a feature, it's a mode!

Yep, I play 8 minute Franchise Games to, McFluff. The most games I've gotten in is 4. This sh*t is crazy. I find myself thinkin about my next game all the time and how well I'm gonna do...especially on defense.

I mean...I actually feel momentum swings now. I never felt that really when I played 3rd person. But now when a Team is whuppin on me I actually feel down...like "OMG...how in the F*ck am I gonna get my team back in this sh*t?"
Old 01-10-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I tried it out initially and defensively I can see how good it can be. Running the ball too but throwing the ball was very difficult due to not being able to see the field well. What are your stats like passing the ball? What difficulty are you on?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:17 AM   #5
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

I play on All-Pro with lowered fatigue for CPU and HUM and Boosted Pass Coverage for CPU. My Passing Stats....I avg about 167 yds a game and 60% completion rate. The yds are low for a qb but I just had 240 yd game last night so I'm getting the hang of it. I agree, not being able to see the whole field is wack. I mean you can use the right analog to turn your head but its too cumbersome while dropping back and dealing with a pass rush.

What I do is just know the routes and read the safeties and Linebackers quickly after the snap because then i'll know who will be open...regardless if I can see them or not. I basically just throw to a spot. I got into a rhythm last night and thus threw for 240yds 3tds and 1 int against a healthy Eagles defense.....lol!on the road.

The Main is having a feel for the pass rush and whats happening around you. I know that sounds crazy but if you play FPF long enough you start to get a sense of wear the pressure is coming ...without looking at the "danger" arrows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

i may have to give FPF a go because you are making it sound like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

i think i'm finally getting 3rd person the way i like it and you come and shake things up with this first person stuff. damn you kanobi!
Old 01-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #7
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

NoleFan said:
i may have to give FPF a go because you are making it sound like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

i think i'm finally getting 3rd person the way i like it and you come and shake things up with this first person stuff. damn you kanobi!

I didn't mean to come off soundin like that or overhype Fpf but Hey, like I said in my orginal post...fpf is kinda raw and its not for everyone. So if you play it and don't like it then don't blame that on me The transition from God mode to FPF isn't easy but for those looking for a change of pace and a fresh way to play nfl2k4...you should give fpf a try.

My statements about fpf sound like the same ones I made about nfl2k3 on MM last year.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:15 PM   #8
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Yo McFluff or RudyJuly

What gamespeed do yall play FPF on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »