Home

NFL2k5: Crib Change Ideas

This is a discussion on NFL2k5: Crib Change Ideas within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #9
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NFL2k5: Crib Change Ideas

Quote:

Cardot said:
I don't know fellas. I like the Crib and wouldn't mind them making a few additions/changes. But I don't know if I want the development team going overboard on it. There are still plenty of improvement opportunities with the more core elements of the game.

its about time

I was waiting for somebody to come in with the "They need to focus on gameplay first" post.

Cardot, I don't think anybody is saying VC should make the CRIB a priority over improving the core game. I also don't think anybody realistically expects VC to add all the stuff thats been suggested, man. But they might use a few things. Either way, We all want better gameplay and I'm sure thats Priority #1 on VC's list of things to improve.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:34 AM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Cardot, I don't think anybody is saying VC should make the CRIB a priority over improving the core game. I also don't think anybody realistically expects VC to add all the stuff thats been suggested, man. But they might use a few things. Either way, We all want better gameplay and I'm sure thats Priority #1 on VC's list of things to improve.

It's not just gameplay, I would like to stuff like a better superbowl celebration and retro stadiums like the baseball games have. I definitely did not want come off as one of those guys that preach "gameplay is the only thing that matters, graphics, details and features are meaningless fluff." Actually, I probably put more emphasis on the fluff than most people do. I just don't want all the fluff to go to the crib.

I didn't intend to be the predictable "Gameplay Only" Tool. Sorry about that.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:41 PM   #11
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

Cardot said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:

It's not just gameplay, I would like to stuff like a better superbowl celebration and retro stadiums like the baseball games have. I definitely did not want come off as one of those guys that preach "gameplay is the only thing that matters, graphics, details and features are meaningless fluff." Actually, I probably put more emphasis on the fluff than most people do. I just don't want all the fluff to go to the crib.

I didn't intend to be the predictable "Gameplay Only" Tool. Sorry about that.

Oh I see so... sure you're "Fluffer" J/k . Sorry for mistaking your earlier post. I'm all for that stuff to. I don't think all will go into the CRIB though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2004, 09:45 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Card carrying fluffer here. If there was a game with perfect gameplay, but no team or player licenses, bad graphics, no extra features etc, I'll pass. I take the game with all that jazz and mildly sub perfect gameplay. Obviously if gameplay is bad, then nothing else really matters.

Actually, as I think about it now, I wouldn't object if some of the Dead Or Alive broads were in the Crib hot tub.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:49 PM   #13
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

Cardot said:
Actually, as I think about it now, I wouldn't object if some of the Dead Or Alive broads were in the Crib hot tub.

now ya get it...isn't this fun?

How about the more u unlock...the less the DOA chicks wear as they stroll around the CRIB
Old 03-04-2004, 04:57 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Here are a couple more ideas for the NFL2k5 Crib:

Super Bowl Ring Case. Whenever you win the Super Bowl and you get your Super Bowl Trophy, you now get a unique Super Bowl Ring too! There would be an elegant cherry wood box in the trophy case, where you could walk up to it, open it, and view the various rings that you have won over the years. There would be an empty spot for about 30 Super Bowls, with the Super Bowl Roman Numerals under each spot, showing where the ring SHOULD be. When you win, you get a ring in the spot for the year you won it. It would be similar to the bobble heads, in that you could rotate it, flip it and even zoom in on it. This would be a good way of physically seeing how many championships you won as well.

Big plasma TV in the entertainment room, showing key plays from your game last week. This would be pretty simple. The same plays that are saved for NFL Prime Time (I hope we get real replays from our game that we just played,) would be displayed on your plasma screen. That is until you walk up to the TV and load another DVD.

Unlockable Guests in your Crib. How cool would it be to go to your Crib, just to find Barry Sanders sitting on the couch watching your Plasma? Or how about Joe Montana playing pool. How about one of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders walking around?

Post-Playoff Game Victory Party. Now, someone else out there mentioned this idea and I thought it was wonderful. After a Playoff Win, (Pay attention here Sega. This is IN ADDITION TO the post game celebration on the field after a win.) you head back to your Crib. There you can see players walking around hollering, laughing and clapping, talking about the victory. When you first walk in the room, everyone turns to you and starts clapping and chanting the phrase, 'COACH! COACH! COACH!'. After a few seconds, they turn and go back to talking and laughing about the win. You could walk up to any of them, push a button, and hear them say a phrase about the game. 'Great play calling today coach!' or 'We did it baby! We did it!'. Things like this.

I know some of these are pretty detailed and probably won't be able to make it into NFL2k5 production, but at least they will give Sega something to think about for near-future NFL2k titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »