Home

MOST INCREDIBLE ONLINE GAME EVER--You Will Never Believe What Happened

This is a discussion on MOST INCREDIBLE ONLINE GAME EVER--You Will Never Believe What Happened within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2004, 12:40 AM   #1
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
MOST INCREDIBLE ONLINE GAME EVER--You Will Never Believe What Happened

Ok, I'm the NYG Method Man, I'm the Giants. The punk I'm playing is Ligato, he's the Eagles.

It's starts off real well for me:
--I win the toss, kick off and he fumbles, I recover inside his 30.
--a post to Toomer is complete and i'm at the 5
--a pitch to Tiki is good for 6, extra pt makes 7-0 me

Then trouble starts...

I kickoff, he takes it back for a TD, 7-7

He kicks off, it goes literally 10 yards to the illegal side (not using an onside kick, mind you) he recovers and drives for another score-- 7-14.
--Next he does his little pansy kick and recovers again (It's impossible to get to the ball before he does with kickoff return OR onside return)--he drives and scores again 7-21.

Now I decide to try and outwit him. I change my front line on the return team to receivers, backs, etc. He kicks off, I recover, I think I now have that problem solved. I drive and score 14-21.
--I try and play his little kickoff game, I do zero power on the kick and angle it right, the same way he did, yet it goes 20-30 yards (his only goes 10)-- luckily, it bounces off his returner and I recover at his 40, drive and score!--21-21 all.

I kickoff the same way as last time, it goes 20-30 yards, he recovers untouched and returns 10-15 yds, tackled. He drives slowly, scores-- 21-28.
--Again he does his pansy toe tap kickoff, he recovers without a sweat (I thought I had that problem solved, It seems I just got lucky that one time) He drives and scores. 21-35
----I realize I'll have to stop him on D to get going again---I refuse to quit this game, this punk MUST pay

He kicks the little fart again and recovers, but I step up my D. I put pressure in his face, and stop him, but he's in field goal range, he kicks it through, 21-38-- over, right?

He kicks again, recovers again, he tries to drive, I pick him off and return for a TD 28-38

I try to do his kick and it still goes too far, I still don't know why, he drives and scores again 28-45, time running out in the 3rd

He kicks again, recovers, it's become apparent that he will recover every time now. He tries to drive, I pick it off again, drive but he stops me, I kick it through for a FG, 31-45.

I try to squib again, fail again, he's got it. He drives and scores, goes for 2, I save pride by stuffing him, 31-51.

He kicks off-- God is on my side, I recover. I drive, I get to his 3. He holds me to 4th down, I go for it, pass in the corner, he picks it off and takes it ALL THE WAY and scores, it is NOW 31-57, he goes for 2 to rub it in, I stuff him again. I begin to weep, I report him to admins 4 times for delaying, sitting through every replay, and doing his pansy kickoffs-- I am still down 31-57... I resume.

He kicks off and I recover again! We're in the 4th now. I drive, I punch it in, 38-57. --I kickoff he recovers, tries to drive, I pick him off again. I drive and score and go for 2 and get in. 46-57.

I kick off again, he recovers, we're near 2 minutes. He runs to wind the clock down. 2 minute warning, 46-57 still. I call all my timeouts. He goes for it on 4th and I stop him, 40-50 seconds on the clock. I send Shockey deep, I hit him and get out of bounds at the 20. He stops 3 straight pass attempts, I kick a FG, it's good-- 49-57. I start to get that feeling of redemption building in my stomach.
--All of a suddden, it hits me. I figure out how to replicate his little kicks. I put an O-Lineman at kicker and have him kickoff. It has the desired effect, but he jumps on it and recovers. It's all over... right? With under a minute left, he's got the ball, I have no timeouts left. THIS *** ISN'T SATISFIED YET!!! He passes, it bounces off a linebacker, for what seems like and eternity, the ball is in the middle of a scrum of LB's and DB's, and good ol' Kato Serwanga comes up with the pick before it hits the ground!!!!! THIS MORON THROWS A PICK WITH UNDER A MINUTE LEFT!!!!

I now have the ball in his territory with about 30 seconds on the clock. I get into a empty back, no guts no glory formation, I send hot route shockey deep, I put it up and Shockey pulls it down at the 10, he runs and dives into the endzone with 20 seconds left on the clock! THE SCORE IS NOW 55-57 in the ***'s favor.
---It is all on Tiki's shoulders... Yea right, I've seen this one before. I take Tiki out, put in Brian Mitchell. I set up for the game-tying 2 pt conversion.
---I pitch to Mitchell, he runs wide right, Dawkins runs with him, they are the only 2 men in the universe right now. Mitchell hesitates for a second, Dawkins bites, and Mitchell runs to the corner, Dawkins recovers, wraps Mitchell up and brings him down RIGHT AT THE GOAL LINE! I look at the pixelated ref for an indication, he throws his arms up in exclamation! IT'S A TIE GAME, FOLKS!!!! 57-57

I squib it off to him on the kickoff, he gets it at the 20, returns a little and gets tackled. He doesn't chance it, lets time run out and we go into OVERTIME.

I'm away, I get the choice for the coin toss. I choose tails. IT IS TAILS. I choose... KICK! Remember, if I choose receive, he does his little wuss kick and recovers every time. I put in the O-Lineman with the worst kick rating as the kicker, kick it off about 10 yards, I RECOVER!!!!!!

Here it comes now, I can feel this dream being fulfilled any second now! I pitch it to Tiki, yes I put Tiki back in, he gets taken down for a loss of 2. 2nd and 12 from my 45.
--I hit Hilliard on a post, he fakes out the D, he's running towards glory!! The punk on the other side of the connection can only watch as Ike Hilliard trots in, graphically slapping him in the face. It's all over, 63-57!!!!!!

isn't it over? No! He pauses, lets it run ALL the way down, stops with 1 second left, resumes, game over! IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!

NYG Method Man (New York Giants) 63 - Ligato (Philadelphia Eagles) 57
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2004, 12:50 AM   #2
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MOST INCREDIBLE ONLINE GAME EVER--You Will Never Believe What Happened

wow great game
Old 03-11-2004, 01:45 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I would say more of a great(STUPENDOUS) comeback than a great game.Players like Ligato ought to be outlawed. I'm glad you kicked his *** and I bet he cried like a little girl afterwards. Way to hang in there and take that punk down.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:37 AM   #4
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

It was like a fairytale
Old 03-11-2004, 11:08 AM   #5
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

You're a bigger man than I am.

I'd have quit when I saw the kickoffs. My online record doesn't mean jack to me if I'm not having fun.

Kudos, I couldn't have done it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2004, 12:18 PM   #6
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

That is why I play peeps from OS. No random games for me thanks.

Glad you beat him tho, they deserve to lose.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:32 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 23

Good post. How in the hell did you remember every single play in the game?
Old 03-11-2004, 02:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

That was one of the funniest posts I've ever read.
It'd be even funnier to hear from the loser now.

But if you would have lost, how would you have handled it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »