Home

All about Dan Stevens & Peter O'Keef!..............................

This is a discussion on All about Dan Stevens & Peter O'Keef!.............................. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2004, 08:02 PM   #25
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: All about Dan Stevens & Peter O\'Keef!..............................

Quote:

PatPat62 said:
Has anybody seen a picture of what they look like in real life? Also, what makes them so amazing?! I for one think they should never leave the 2K series! What do you guys think?

these r by far the most annoying announcers i have ever heard. they were got back in the 2k dreamcast days but damn, this is a new time now!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 08:24 PM   #26
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

One thing to think about too is the actual people that bring us the "dan and Peter" voices.

these are guys who have been with the game for years. That've been a part of it as its grown and its possible that they are very attached to the game.

Now I know I sound like a psychologist but bear with me...
these two guys are now seing the game blossom (in all aspects) and grow in popularity. I'm sure they want to continue to be a part of that. They're friends with the development team, ect. ect. The point I'm making is not "for or against" Dan and Peter...all I'm saying is that it would propbably be pretty hard for VC to get rid of these guys from an employer-employee "emotional, loyalty, I've been here through the good and bad times so you can't dump me now" standpoint.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:35 PM   #27
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: All about Dan Stevens & Peter O\'Keef!..........................

Quote:

inkcil said:
I think a good idea is to:
A.) keep Dan and Peter
B.) Utilize ESPN talent, say Theisman and the crew, whenever a game is being played on Sunday Night!!! The rest of the time, let Dan and Peter talk.

That way, Sunday night games (if your team is scheduled to play one), will really feel special. I think this is a good idea, and you would't need to have Theisman and McGuire put in as much timne with the game as the "voice" talent that brings to us Dan and Peter.

I suggested that last yr but it doesn't seem like its been added for 2k5. perhaps in 2k6
Old 05-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Dan Stevens & Peter O'Keef do not sound like a real broadcast. If you pay close attention to the commentary, you will know it sounds too fake and makes the game seem boring. I love the NCAA College Football broadcast by EAsports. Their commentary sounds real. You can actually hear the emotions of the commentary when you throw the ball down the field or make a big play!

TL
Old 05-01-2004, 10:00 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

Teddy_Long said:
Dan Stevens & Peter O'Keef do not sound like a real broadcast. If you play attention to the commentary, you will know it sounds too fake and makes the game seem boring. I love the NCAA College Football broadcast by EAsports. Their commentary sounds real. You can actually hear the emotions of the commentary when you throw the ball down the field or make a big play!

TL

***FB ALERT***

i dont get your logic...if i pay...or in your case "play" attention...you'll know that its fake...what does that mean...how 'real' is it supposed to be...are you suggesting the game say..."teddy long, go for it on 4th and 1"...is that what your looking for...

the thing with ncaa...that whole emotion you hear...is actually a feature they are touting as something revolutionary...so i guess the previous versions of ncaa without that emotion was boring and fake too...huh
Old 05-01-2004, 10:21 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

Teddy_Long said:
Dan Stevens & Peter O'Keef do not sound like a real broadcast. If you play attention to the commentary, you will know it sounds too fake and makes the game seem boring. I love the NCAA College Football broadcast by EAsports. Their commentary sounds real. You can actually hear the emotions of the commentary when you throw the ball down the field or make a big play!

TL

***FB ALERT***

i dont get your logic...if i pay...or in your case "play" attention...you'll know that its fake...what does that mean...how 'real' is it supposed to be...are you suggesting the game say..."teddy long, go for it on 4th and 1"...is that what your looking for...

the thing with ncaa...that whole emotion you hear...is actually a feature they are touting as something revolutionary...so i guess the previous versions of ncaa without that emotion was boring and fake too...huh

I am not the only one who feels this way. Alot of people think the same. If you listen to the commentary and turn yourself away from the game, you will know it's a video game and not a real broadcast instantly. Part of it has to do with the voices and part has to do with the actual dialogue. They had the same problem with the baseball game last year, but they corrected the problem in this year's baseball game. If this is new to you, I am sorry.

TL
Old 05-01-2004, 10:37 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

My problem with the commentary is that the play-by-play guy’s voice is TOO HIGH PITCHED.

Whatever direction they decide to go in, it’s not a big deal. As long as they improve the other on-field sounds (pads hitting, more trash talking, audibles, grunts, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2004, 10:43 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

yes there are too much whistles n bells plankin..but dan n peter should never leave....they should do commentary for other espn games like nba,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »