Home

Never played ESPN or the 2k series.... will I be able to adjust

This is a discussion on Never played ESPN or the 2k series.... will I be able to adjust within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Never played ESPN or the 2k series.... will I be able to adjust

Ive been a Madden guy as long as I can remember ( and Tecmo Bowl before that) However after reading IGN's preview I must say that ESPN football 2005 is on the top of my list. I love Sega's baseball games so im sure the quality will be just as good. My question to you all is this; Will I be able to adjust fairly easily from Madden to ESPN? What will be the biggest thing I will have to overcome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 04:34 PM   #2
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Never played ESPN or the 2k series.... will I be able to adjust

One thing you'll have to adjust to is, in ESPN Football you can't drop back 10-15 yards and throw 60 yard passes and expect your receiver to catch it.(Only in Madden)
Old 05-02-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Probably the controls and the not overly done momentum.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:40 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

First off, I am in no way saying ESPN is better than Madden or vice versa. Each game has thier good and bad.
So everything I am saying from here on is MY OPINION only.

Yes you will be able to adjust over time. Just be warned you will most likely say ,after a few games, that Madden is so much better.
Here is the important part: KEEP PLAYING. It takes some time getting away from Maddens gameplay style, but when you do, it's like a switch has turned on in your head and you start seeing more and more things you like.
That's how it went for me. ESPN is my favorite right now.
Again each game has thier place in the gaming world and both belong in the spotlight. Just make sure you give each title a fair shake before proclaiming one superior, as end the end both are great titles. Just find which suits your needs better.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:45 PM   #5
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
First off, I am in no way saying ESPN is better than Madden or vice versa. Each game has thier good and bad.
So everything I am saying from here on is MY OPINION only.

Yes you will be able to adjust over time. Just be warned you will most likely say ,after a few games, that Madden is so much better.
Here is the important part: KEEP PLAYING. It takes some time getting away from Maddens gameplay style, but when you do, it's like a switch has turned on in your head and you start seeing more and more things you like.
That's how it went for me. ESPN is my favorite right now.
Again each game has thier place in the gaming world and both belong in the spotlight. Just make sure you give each title a fair shake before proclaiming one superior, as end the end both are great titles. Just find which suits your needs better.

Well said, I couldn't agree more. I was the exactly same way when I started playing NFL 2k on the DC. I was really pissed off at that fact there wasn't a juke button, I just wanted to bring the game back. I began to play it more and now I wish Madden had a legitimate shoulder charge button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

You will need to adjust to a lot of things IMO. The passing game will probably frustrate you at first because ESPN's pocket calapses realistically and you have to make quick decisions and read the defense good. The game has never been a hail mary series so don't expect to drop bombs like in Madden. ESPN's defense adjusts so you can't do the same play over and over and expect success. You will love the defense in ESPN. Since they have fixed the momentum and turning forget what anyone says about those two things being bad because the game will have a totally different feel for even 2k vets. You will need to learn how to follow your blockers and once you do I think you'll be hooked to ESPN. It takes some time to get use to the games mechanics since there a higher learning curve than Madden but it's well worth it. If your a fan of real NFL football this game should be just what you need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »