Home

hurry up offense

This is a discussion on hurry up offense within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2004, 04:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
hurry up offense

i hope they fixed this.i hated how EVERYBODY rushes back to the line at break neck speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: hurry up offense

Quote:

poopie said:
i hope they fixed this.i hated how EVERYBODY rushes back to the line at break neck speed.

I agree. That is SO unrealistic. I hope that they change that this year.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

I also hope they allow independent camera angles online.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

the problem with the hurry up isn't really that the guys run like they're on fast forward (though it is unrealistic). correct, the solution isn't just to make them run at a normal speed. the problem is you can go from play to playbook to next play in the matter of a second if even that long. if things stay like that the current hurry up system is the only way it's worth using.

what they need to do is have a mandatory amount of time elapse from the play clock before you can run the next play. we should be allowed the same amount of time to pick our play but if we do pick it in say 2 or 3 seconds (all the way up to maybe 20 seconds) the playclock and game clock (if running of course) should automatically drop to about 10 to 15 seconds left. this way the hurry up will actually use the accurate amount of time and if you don't use the hurry up you'll lose that time no matter how fast you pick the play. this will also prevent from games getting much longer based on just making the play clock run down. i think this would encourage playing longer qtrs too making stats more realistic.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

wwharton said:
the problem with the hurry up isn't really that the guys run like they're on fast forward (though it is unrealistic). correct, the solution isn't just to make them run at a normal speed. the problem is you can go from play to playbook to next play in the matter of a second if even that long. if things stay like that the current hurry up system is the only way it's worth using.

what they need to do is have a mandatory amount of time elapse from the play clock before you can run the next play. we should be allowed the same amount of time to pick our play but if we do pick it in say 2 or 3 seconds (all the way up to maybe 20 seconds) the playclock and game clock (if running of course) should automatically drop to about 10 to 15 seconds left. this way the hurry up will actually use the accurate amount of time and if you don't use the hurry up you'll lose that time no matter how fast you pick the play. this will also prevent from games getting much longer based on just making the play clock run down. i think this would encourage playing longer qtrs too making stats more realistic.

I've thought of this as well (play clock issue) and another solution I have thought of, instead of making a mandatory loss of play clock, is to have a "speed clock" button... perhaps one of the trigger buttons that could be held down to make the clock run faster.

That way, those of us who want to play realistically have the option to, without making "time fly" which could be problematic at many parts of the game (imagine losing 10-15 secs when you weren't expecting to... 2 min warning, end of half, quarters, game, etc.).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 10:20 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

or you could just copy madden
Old 05-02-2004, 11:02 PM   #7
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I really didn't think it was broken, if it wasn't in there then you couldn't prepare your guys on defense in online play. Watch the NFL and you will see that the hurry up offense is only towards the ends of each half normally - I'd like it if the game had it represented this way too.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:50 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

MaddenMan said:
I really didn't think it was broken, if it wasn't in there then you couldn't prepare your guys on defense in online play. Watch the NFL and you will see that the hurry up offense is only towards the ends of each half normally - I'd like it if the game had it represented this way too.

you can run hurry up anytime you see fit.buffalo, back in the day used it almost every down.this was used to help create mismatches and not allow the d to set up for your play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »