Home

Whats Next?

This is a discussion on Whats Next? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2004, 09:05 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Whats Next?

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Some things that weren't mentioned about Franchise Mode in the preview:

-Free-agency
-Scouting
-Stat Tracking-Sorting
-Depth Charts
-Editing Players during Franchise Mode
-CPU team management (depth chart changes, coach hirings/firings,etc)
-Substitution management

I expect whatever else VC has improved in Franchise would likely have something to do with the above

So on to tweaking. Do you think they will use the career mode like 989's baseball game. where you just the player, using the eyetoy. Also what about 989's football game, using the mic to call plays, or presnap reads on off/def, that would a great way and less time consuming with adjusting like maddens presnap reads on def.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #10
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I wish they had a HOF like Fever and something that let's you keep track of MVP's, records, etc.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

backbreaker said:
Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

backbreaker said:
After consuming the IGN article, and VC put a lot on the plate. Whats next, what other features could they unveil, whats the list, so far we have, if I can remember them all.

1. wekly preparation and or practice
2. Contracts addressed
3. "MaxTax" my slang for Maximum tackle
4. FPF QB progression reads
5. Switching seamlessly from FPF to 3rd Person
6. Dolby Digital Sound for FPF
7. QB evade button
8. Bigger Crib
9. Customizable TD Celebrations
10. automatically generated Favorite plays
11. live rosters
12. weekly player regression/progresson
13. Coaching staff
14. Make you slap yo mama player models
15. Momentum foot plant
16. Double coverage just may work this time, still not sold on that one?
17. Berman role increased, Suzy Kolber sideline reporting, Trey Wingo in the studion, Mel Kiper in the draft

I can't think of anymore at this time. So what the hell else could there be, hell if you got some good rumors, I'll listen to them and entertain the idea. I just don't know what else is left. Some people are speculating there's more what else is left?

Also remember the hybrid thread you started awhile back. Well look at all the new info, there is some hybrid stuff going on there. That player progression stuff kinda meshes with FEVER's DPP, ESPN's is just done in a more controlled fashion, which works for the better IMO. What else is hybrid? Game saves your favorite plays = FEVER. I'm trying to see the madden hybridity, but I don't see it at this point. Hmmm I'd guess LOL that there maybe some more franchise stuff yet to be unveiled. Ohh you forgot to put Online Leagues with trades in there.

So LB, if I'm reading what you wrote correctly, without going overboard. I'll follow it with the press release timeline. First VC sends out a press release, about MaxTax and hybrid of all videogames, so they offer up a exclusive IGN preview, because these features where easy to divulge, basically these features are old news, so no big deal to profer them up except for Kanobi's weekly prep and or practice.

These features are a rip from Fever, so one hybrid down, so who's next Gameday and or madden?

Dunno who's next? Don't know if I'd use the word "rip." And it's only a couple of these features mesh with FEVER, i.e., Player Progression, Save Favorite plays. Max Tackling is all VC. And I'm getting sick of reading (in some of these forums) that Max Tackling is a rip off of hit stick because it is NOT. For those who have played both Madden and ESPN even this year you can clearly see it's not. The tackling system in both games vary significantly. EA's hit stick simply applies to defense whereas max tackling is also for the offense in a way. EA's tackling system isn't predicated upon gang tackling ball carriers either. Gang tackles are there, but mostly simply for show, they mean nothing. You don't get credit. Sega's tackling system takes this into account. But that's another subject. I'm not arguing here the superiority of one system over another, I'm just saying for those equivocating Max TAckling with Hit Stick and Vice versa, or for those saying Sega simply copied EA with the Max TAckling Idea, come of it. It is at best a WEAK assumption.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 09:25 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6

Tackling in both games is different. In Madden you are suppose to run into the guy without hitting the dive button unless you have to.. in ESPN they encourage you to hit the dive button. Also the tackling in ESPN is better.. you hit the guy and he is still up but his momentum is slowed then another dude comes and pops him and both of you bring him down together, in Madden they don't have gang tackles like that, you both have to hit at the saem time.

I think they should change the name.. Max Tackling isn't a good description because it is for offense and defense. that makes people think "oh i guess it means I can tackle harder"
Old 05-02-2004, 09:26 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

and the fact that it was announced one week later makes the idea of it being "weak" a little too strong.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:28 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

wwharton said:
and the fact that it was announced one week later makes the idea of it being "weak" a little too strong.

Wha? I don't get it.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:29 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

the announcement for max tackling came only a week after that of the hit stick. it'd be impossible to hold a company meeting, agree that it's a great idea and should be used in your game and actually put it in the game within one business week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 09:42 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I would like to see a career mode somewhat like MLB for PS2. You are the player and that's it. Fight for playing time, make the pro bowl, negotiate you own contracts etc...
That would be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »