Home

Nfl 2k1 was the highest rated game ever at gamespot.

This is a discussion on Nfl 2k1 was the highest rated game ever at gamespot. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2004, 10:46 AM   #17
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Nfl 2k1 was the highest rated game ever at gamespot.

Quote:

rudyjuly2 said:
I don't know how that game could have scored that high. It was so unpolished and the blocking AI of the OL was terrible. I bought that game and when I saw my offensive guard running away from the DT to double team the end and watch my QB get killed 1 second after the snap I was not impressed. That happened a lot and against the CPU too. I know many of you liked it but it was such an unpolished game in so many areas compared to Madden I refused to even try another 2K game until I got a cheap copy of 2K3. I'm hooked now but no way was that a 9.9 imo.

I thought ESPN was the 1st VC made football game to have "double teaming" from the O-Line
Old 05-04-2004, 12:41 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't know if it was the first to double-team but a lineman can't leave his one-on-one matchup to help somebody else if it means he leaves the guy directly across from him unblocked access to the QB. Doesn't matter as its been fixed now. I would like to see a double team option where you can assign a HB/FB responsibility to help out on a specific pass rusher (if they stay in to block). No sense keeping Ricky Williams in to block on the right side of the formation when Freeney will be screaming around from the left.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:44 PM   #19
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

rudyjuly2 said:
I don't know if it was the first to double-team but a lineman can't leave his one-on-one matchup to help somebody else if it means he leaves the guy directly across from him unblocked access to the QB. Doesn't matter as its been fixed now. I would like to see a double team option where you can assign a HB/FB responsibility to help out on a specific pass rusher (if they stay in to block). No sense keeping Ricky Williams in to block on the right side of the formation when Freeney will be screaming around from the left.

Well thats true...but didn't Ricky/Feilder experience alot of this type of horrid O-Line play from the dolphins last season .....Scenarios like this happens in real life all the time...An O-lineman trys to help double team a defensive lineman only to allow another D-lineman/LB a free path to the QB/RB.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually Soul Calibur got a perfect 10.0 by gamespot
Old 05-04-2004, 03:44 PM   #21
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

wangdiddy80 said:
Actually Soul Calibur got a perfect 10.0 by gamespot

It's the highest rated sports game (I'm not counting skateboarding as a sport).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2004, 05:07 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

2k1 desereved that score--the rating is in contrast to what was out at the time n before...n 2k1 was the king of the hill with a gold n iron fist...not to mention theee football game that was online first!!!!!....and fun gameplay that wasn't matched by anything out.n the inclusion of franchise mode...plus graphics too match..!!! i had that game n i couldn't stop it was pure addiction.!!..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »