Home

NFL2k5: OVER 200 New Cut-Scenes BABY!

This is a discussion on NFL2k5: OVER 200 New Cut-Scenes BABY! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NFL2k5: OVER 200 New Cut-Scenes BABY!

Quote:

Erratic said:
the problem with ESPN last year wasn't that i saw every cut scene to quickly. It was that i saw a select few soooo much more than some others.

For example i very rarely saw my WR jump into the stands. However i must have seen that guy say Hi Mom about 5 times a game.

I just hope they keep the cut scenes fresh and dont only use a select few for the majority.

Hey Erratic!

I am with you. I have seen the 'Hi Mom!' animation WAAAAAY too much. As far as the player jumping in the stands animation, I have only seen it once since I bought the game last year. And i have only seen it with my Broncos Franchise, not my Bears Franchise. I was under the impression that it was an animation reserved for the Packers in Lambeau Field.

I do hope that more of the cutscenes are randomly rotated for 2k5. Now that is not to say I want to see cutscenes just for the sake of seeing them. They should be appropriate and directly related to the mood of the game. If I am getting my *** waxed and I score a touchdown that pulls us closer to being 24 points down at the 2-minute warning, the LAST thing I want to see is my player saying HI to his damned mother!

I also think that certain cutscenes should be earned by making it to a playoff game. I really hope NFL2k5 has 50 or 60 of the 200 that are *LOCKED* until you make it to the Playoffs. And about 20 of those are *LOCKED* until you reach the Super Bowl. Then, the post-game celebration in the Super Bowl only gets shown if you win the game. Think of adventure games where you have to 'earn' the right to go to the next level by accomplishing some task. Same thing here. No Super Bowl Championship, no icing on your cake.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:57 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:

wayne23 said:
Speaking in terms of cut-scenes for ESPN 2k5. I would much rather have more cut-scene varieties with players who get injured instead of the parking lot cut-scenes.

Hey wayne!

Why can't we have both? I don't think this is an either-or situation.

The pre-game parking lot tailgating will really get you pumped for the game. It will get you into the mindset that those are YOUR fans at YOUR stadium that want YOUR TEAM to win. I think it is cool that the game is starting to add elements like this that make you care about winning or losing.

I actually submitted a suggestion similar to your injury cutscenes. I called it 'Degrees of Injury'. I want to see the stretcher and even the ambulance once in a while too. It really adds a human element. You will feel bad if you injured your own player by hanging him out to dry in the middle of the field and he got blasted by two huge linebackers.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:02 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:

Sleeper said:
I believe what would extend the life of cut scenes is to present them from different camera angles. That way scenes can be recycled without it feeling "old". Like the drunk fan scene could be presented from 2 rows back off to the side (angle) like you're in the stands, the typical front shot, slow pan left to right, etc...

This is already done in 2k4 sleeper. Not necessarily for the fans cutscenes but for the 'Coach Instructing His Players' cutscenes. I have seen at least three different angles of this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2004, 01:38 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Has anybody stopped to think the 200 new cutscenes may include the Draft? The top picks walking up to the podium accepting the jersey and hat...how about behind the scenes footage of your warroom just like the real draft? This might be in there, man.

And lets not forget about the Super Bowl....I can only imagine what VC has done to beef up the pre and post-game cutscenes for the SB, man. Should be off the hook.

I didn't think about this Kanobi. (Draft) My hope is that the 200 cutscenes are for regular gameplay, and that there are ADDITIONAL cutscenes for the Draft, Playoffs and the Super Bowl.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:43 PM   #53
Banned

Hey wayne!

GOOD POST!! I am 100% with you about the Bret cutscene and the Cardinals storming the field after a win! i would LOVE to see this!! The Bears one is, for the most part, already in there. Think about the coach down on one knee making a weaving in and out motion while holding onto the clipboard. It is real similar to this one already.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:45 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Here's an example of How The Cutscenes might be matched with the New Commentary

Yes Kanobi. This would be nice to see…the QB warming up on the sideline, preparing to enter the game.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:05 PM   #55
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey wayne!

GOOD POST!! I am 100% with you about the Bret cutscene and the Cardinals storming the field after a win! i would LOVE to see this!! The Bears one is, for the most part, already in there. Think about the coach down on one knee making a weaving in and out motion while holding onto the clipboard. It is real similar to this one already.

Yeah Dark_Lord...that's true. But I was thinking in terms of more interaction between the coach and the QB. But I think it should be situational. Let's say the play clock runs down forcing the team to call a time out. Well there could be a little cut-scene where the QB comes to the sideline frustrated. Then you have the 2 minute warning where you'll see both the coach and player going over team strategy coming out of the time out. And it would be cool to somehow tie in the QB emotions according to the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »