Home

I GOT A FRIEND AT E3 RIGHT NOW

This is a discussion on I GOT A FRIEND AT E3 RIGHT NOW within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2004, 12:09 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: I GOT A FRIEND AT E3 RIGHT NOW

Quote:

wayne23 said:
Born in DC.. raised in Capitol Heights... now residing in Waldorf... right above St. Mary's County.. I just thought I add to the role call

My brother and his family live in Waldorf. He's in the Air Force and is stationed there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 09:39 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Eeewww, and you're a Cowboys fan? Well, it shouldn't surprise me, this area's crawlin' with 'em.

BTW everyone, my friend who went to e3 on Friday played the game and said (of course) that it's nice.

Hopefully when I see him again I can get more detailed impressions, but he called me long distance and said that the hits did seem bigger, and the running game will still be tweaked before release (I believe.) He said the guy he was talking to didn't seem to know a whole lot because when he asked about the dirty uniforms he thought that they were already in there. When my friend explained that he was talking about progressively dirty, the guy said he'd imagine so, seeing as how much they're putting into this game this year.

He didn't tell me anything about QB throwing velocity, sorry.

My friend said that at first running the ball did indeed feel a bit sluggish but you'll get used to it.

THANK GOODNESS the momentum is not tied into a juke button or right thumbstick or anything. Some people, including myself, were concerned when we saw Falcons vid #3 when he goes to the hole and bounces outside with momentum, but then pivots on one foot as he turns upfield. Still don't know how it will end up, but he said that if you're running straight ahead and then move the left thumbstick too much to one side, then the player will indeed plant his foot and NOTICEABLY slow down to cut.

When he gets back in town I'll try to get more out of him.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #27
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Great work goober
Old 05-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Great work goober

Thanks. He just e-mailed me some more snippets. Nothing really "new" but it's still good:

"Yes they are still tweaking the running game and the animations. The graphics look great. The new cut scenes are nice. Supposed to have custom sound tracks, that will be awesome. The buuton layout was different. To adjust the linbackers and DB's, you have to hold down the left trigger and then move the right thumbstick. When picking plays, the play all the way to the right is now the B button. Last year it was the Y button. So everytime I want to back out of the screen and choose a play, I ended up picking a play I did not want. The same thing happened in the audible window as well.

Like I said before, the running seems slower, but I think we will get used to it. The gang tackling seems better, and I really needed it going up against Rickey Williams."

Uh, oh, sounds like Ricky is still a beast.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:50 PM   #29
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Great work goober

Thanks. He just e-mailed me some more snippets. Nothing really "new" but it's still good:

"Yes they are still tweaking the running game and the animations. The graphics look great. The new cut scenes are nice. Supposed to have custom sound tracks, that will be awesome. The buuton layout was different. To adjust the linbackers and DB's, you have to hold down the left trigger and then move the right thumbstick. When picking plays, the play all the way to the right is now the B button. Last year it was the Y button. So everytime I want to back out of the screen and choose a play, I ended up picking a play I did not want. The same thing happened in the audible window as well.

Like I said before, the running seems slower, but I think we will get used to it. The gang tackling seems better, and I really needed it going up against Rickey Williams."

i played only with miami(being a miami homer and all) and i can tell you that ricky was no where near the beast he was last year. Hell i got stopped on 3rd and 1 twice, just like the the real fins!
Old 05-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Great work goober

i played only with miami(being a miami homer and all) and i can tell you that ricky was no where near the beast he was last year. Hell i got stopped on 3rd and 1 twice, just like the the real fins!

Good... er.... I mean... too bad.... What do I mean?

BTW, he also said that the person he talking too (VC rep or Sega, I'm not sure) said that last year their plan was to come out later after people were tired of Madden and wanted a change. But THIS year, they're going head-to-head with Madden because they feel that they have THE GAME this year.

I applaud 'em for that.

The way I see it, you might as well go for broke.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:

wayne23 said:
Quote:

Spin said:
Quote:

wayne23 said:
Born in DC.. raised in Capitol Heights... now residing in Waldorf... right above St. Mary's County.. I just thought I add to the role call

wow Wayne, me 2. Ive been in Waldorf since 98.

Gotcha by a year... I've been here since 1997... where are you in Waldorf? I'm behind St. Charles Town Center.

I live right behind Gwynn Park High in Upper Marlboro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #32
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

eagles1again said:
Quote:

wayne23 said:
Quote:

Spin said:
Quote:

wayne23 said:

wow Wayne, me 2. Ive been in Waldorf since 98.

Gotcha by a year... I've been here since 1997... where are you in Waldorf? I'm behind St. Charles Town Center.

I live right behind Gwynn Park High in Upper Marlboro

There seem to be quite a few Southern Marylanders on board...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »