Home

The only thing keeping ESPN from having an excellent player model...

This is a discussion on The only thing keeping ESPN from having an excellent player model... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2004, 09:43 AM   #17
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: The only thing keeping ESPN from having an excellent player model...

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Leave the models alone. Add some gear to the player models, like hand warmers, elbow sleeves and arm sleeves, and no one does the socks man.

I don't think the models should be left alone. I think the combination of improved player model scaling AND the addition of some new equipment options would do the trick. But I guess on this generation of consoles...new equip options would happen first.

Peep this...

Ultra Deep Player Editor

New Equipment Options

I find it hard to believe a developer like VC that prides themseleves heavily on graphics has such a shallow player editor option that doesn't allow the user to customize the players to the utmost.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:04 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

LBzrule said:
Leave the models alone. Add some gear to the player models, like hand warmers, elbow sleeves and arm sleeves, and no one does the socks man.

I don't think the models should be left alone. I think the combination of improved player model scaling AND the addition of some new equipment options would do the trick. But I guess on this generation of consoles...new equip options would happen first.

Peep this...

Ultra Deep Player Editor

New Equipment Options

I find it hard to believe a developer like VC that prides themseleves heavily on graphics has such a shallow player editor option that doesn't allow the user to customize the players to the utmost.

I can agree with this. Perhaps I overstated the case. We should be able to have both equipment and scaling. Equipment should be easy to add. Scaling, all they need to do is have that editor like madden has where you can edit proportions. Those IMO are doable EVEN this year. But probably won't make it.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:35 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Yeah, the models need work as well as more accessories. It's like when I look at a lot of comic book artists nowadays. They add all of this "flash" and "bang" and stuff to their pictures, but you can tell they have NO CLUE about basic human anatomy.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

That is probably my biggest gripe about VC in terms of equipment. Why they don't allow black "spating" of cleats continues to amaze me.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:19 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

...and another thing. Notice the "lay" of the Fred Taylor's socks in the Jags picture. Notice you see 90% of a colored sock and maybe 10% white sock at the bottom. That is typical in the NFL for RBs and WRs. Would someone relay that to VC....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »