Home

Hi Praise for VC from an surprising source...

This is a discussion on Hi Praise for VC from an surprising source... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2004, 11:53 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Hi Praise for VC from an surprising source...

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
And people thought us Dreamcast fans were crazy when we said our game looked and played better. I'm telling you I don't care what they said on G4's Icon show EA didn't want to go head to head with VC on the Dreamcast and that interview is proof.

I agree. I still buy Madden every year, but I think VC has had the better gameplay and graphics since the Dreamcast days. The one year had only marginal improvement (2k2? It was the first year that 2k came to the XBox), but every other year has been pretty amazing in terms of what VC has been able to accomplish. From introducing a "true" QB pocket to videogame football 4 or 5 years ago, to getting rid of Mario Running (again, 4-5 years ago), to introducing gang-tackling (2-3 years ago?), to First Person football (last year), to the cutscenes, to the amazing OL/DL play ever year (which just keeps getting better and better), to the original online play (on Dreamcast yet...I'm still amazed at how good it was even back when it was on the DC 56k modem...and I remember EA saying it couldn't be done), to the new VIP system and 4 man gangtackling.

I'm not a big Franchise guy, and I'm also more of a pro guy though I do still pick up NCAA every year as well. But really, VC has been laying the groundwork for this year's game for like 4-5 years now. I don't know if they've had a long term plan all along, or if they've just been lucky to get this far as quickly as they did, but my hat's off to 'em.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:12 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

A lot of people think if ESPN NFL keep having lower sales than Madden that one day they (VC) will be out of jobs. I'm here to tell you VC will always have a job making sports games because they're that good. EA knew or they wouldn't have had VC make their games. EA's head got too big and let one of the top if not the top game developers go in 1996.

One day Madden will go down and it will make EA regret ever letting VC go.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:25 PM   #11
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok sportsgeist, let's be real here. EA is not going anywhere for a very long time, unless all their games just fall off. It seems there is some personal bias against EA here or whatever, but in a business sense, its like like the Microsoft of sports games. Sure I feel they can do things better video games wise, but in terms of business sense, they have VC by the horns, with a vice grip and super glue.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »