Home

My E3 ESPN NFL Impressions

This is a discussion on My E3 ESPN NFL Impressions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 02:04 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: My E3 ESPN NFL Impressions

Nice report Fetter, this game cant come out soon enough.

ON the botch fg snap. SoMiss and I were speaking and he was like "I want to see that happen with the center and QB" I agreed and thought ti would be a good idea for cneters to have snapping atributes if this is ever added. Of course you dont want to see it 5 times every game but a couple of times every few games would be nice.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:29 AM   #74
Rookie

CONonogbu's Arena

OVR: 1

good stuff, finally i get to say something on these boards..
yo Fetter, did you see any ratings by chance, I still got that Archuleta/Woodson trade on my mind
just random ratings, saw you guys played with Eli... is he overrated.. hope not (you might not know cos like u said, u had only 2 options in the pause menu)
Old 05-16-2004, 04:13 AM   #75
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

booker21 said:
How about the running animations? they are better, more realistic?
and the passes? they are have more speed than last year?
last, how they run by the sideline? the D take a better aproach or they let them pass and tackle from behind?
do the running is smoother?, specially when they change directions?
thanks

could someone answer me this quote`s questions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 07:14 AM   #76
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Has the challenge system been changed at all?
Old 05-16-2004, 07:16 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 5

Thanks for the impressions Fetter. A few quick questions.

1) Are the flag routes still overly effective or has the defensive back A.I. improved enough to limit the effectiveness of them?

2) It sounded like you saw a lot of interceptions. Did you think there was too many interceptions this year?

3) You said the pass rush was even deadlier. In your opinion, did it seem to borderline on extreme? I didn't think they needed to adjust pass rushing or pass blocking from last year -- at least not make it so there are even more sacks.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:02 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

CONonogbu said:
good stuff, finally i get to say something on these boards..
yo Fetter, did you see any ratings by chance, I still got that Archuleta/Woodson trade on my mind
just random ratings, saw you guys played with Eli... is he overrated.. hope not (you might not know cos like u said, u had only 2 options in the pause menu)

i'm sure they didn't spend anytime looking at ratings.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:03 AM   #79
Pro

OVR: 4

no matter what people say..i rathered nfl 2k3's running gameplay over 2k4---i feel the run game regressed..especially blocking & dline interaction..all 2k3 needed was a little breakaway speed!

1.on your impression would u say the run game feels like 2k3?

2.did the sideline have more little lowpolygon/cardboard cutouts to give a packed look?

3.did u notice any tacklers running alongside an offesive player-especially on the sideline? or instead of tackling run around n get behind the offesive player to try n chase him down..

4.FRANCHISE MODE-would u say the only additions are--the whole presentation with espn staff & the weekly prep coach thing?

5.do u know if there is mini camp/training/drills/ for draftee's to boost simple stats or if c.p.u uses their draftee's and rookies in off-season

6.how are the lobb passes--do they fall faster? or just like 2k4..

oh before i forget---7.did u see the ball pass through a CB's fingers or parts and land in a WR'S hands just because the wr is rated higher than the cb....

that happened to me so much-i feel it's the c.p.u. way of making the team with the higher stats win..it makes me feel my games aren't won or lost according to how i play..it makes me feel i'm supposed to lose because the other team is rated way higher and the c.p.u. makes shure of it..(example) yesterday(my 2k4 franchise) the rams scored the winning touchdown--because the ball passed through my rookie cb's hands and landed in tory holt's for the winning touchdown...this stat puzzle happens with user v.s. user games too!--I HATE IT SOOOO MUCH!!!

and --why? why?--did vc weaken the oline to let blitz n sacks be overpowering.....it was fine..well sometimes it feel the oline in 2k4 play like horse sh^t!--especailly when it comes to blocking..u know when they let people run right past them blindly..all part of the stat puzzle!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

and --why? why?--did vc weaken the oline to let blitz n sacks be overpowering.....it was fine..well sometimes it feel the oline in 2k4 play like horse sh^t!--especailly when it comes to blocking..u know when they let people run right past them blindly..all part of the stat puzzle!

It was a demo, not the game we'll play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »