Home

Speed rating need to be tweaked. I can cover a WR with a MLB :(

This is a discussion on Speed rating need to be tweaked. I can cover a WR with a MLB :( within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2004, 03:14 PM   #17
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Speed rating need to be tweaked. I can cover a WR with a MLB :(

well goob, i know you say you aren't great at picking off passes but are you good at it at all? i ask b/c the cpu throws to the guy open. if you're covering the guy you move out of his natural position that makes him covered leading the cpu to think that he's open. that would make it harder for you to pick it off. if you're in proper position then they won't throw it as much. most people good at it move slightly out of position on purpose and then charge up and jump the pass.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

booker21 said:
Quote:

burnwood said:
Quote:

booker21 said:
i don`t know why but i can cover a WR with a MLB.. i don`t know if is that the WR don`t use the "turbo" or what....but this is anoying....
anyone who played the game at E knows something?

thanks

Also booker21 we may be missing a very important point. What MLB were you using that was able to guard what WR?

It is possible for a MLB to cover a WR. It depends on each other's talent, speed, route, etc.

I just wanted to bring that point out.

i know that, i took care of that, but the MLB was D. Smith (49ers) canīt recall the Speed rating, but iīm sure he is not a fast MLB.
And the WR, was a Rams WR...canīt recall the WR..but still..there was 1 bad call....(i put a MLB against a Slot WR one on One and the WR did a 10 and In patter...i just follow..backpedalling, then i turn back and get insdie of him and pick off!... but the whole 10 yds i was ok...i was like what i played i made!!

then he run a post pattern....and i was able to INTERCEPT that one, again..(was the next drive) it was like....hmmmmmm
so i realize that i didnīt see difference like i did on "other games"

anyways...i just want to give more detail.
i guess i wonīt touch the sliders no more...i can live wit the speed being none important but i canīt stand break out rb with 7.6ypg evyer game.

Ah, I see. I mentioned that because if you were using Ray Lewis then you should expect that.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:29 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

wwharton said:
well goob, i know you say you aren't great at picking off passes but are you good at it at all? i ask b/c the cpu throws to the guy open. if you're covering the guy you move out of his natural position that makes him covered leading the cpu to think that he's open. that would make it harder for you to pick it off. if you're in proper position then they won't throw it as much. most people good at it move slightly out of position on purpose and then charge up and jump the pass.

I figured I'd get that response.

The answer is probably not.

But all I'm doing is taking control of the LB when he has a man coverage assignment.

Since I know the CPU will go to that guy I often am in the vicinity to knock the ball down (sometimes not) or sometimes they call PI if I mistime a hit. Othertimes the CPU completes the pass and so I may go away from choosing the LB for a play or two. mix that in with run plays and other such and it's not an EVERY DOWN OCCURANCE.

But I just give my experience to show that maybe what this guy is experiencing is BECAUSE he's "user-controlling" a LB to cover a WR.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:47 PM   #20
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

i know, and i wasn't trying to expose your skills or lackthereof, lol. here's an experiment for you. pick the mlb and don't touch the controller. so basically you are using the MLB but the CPU is moving him. If your theory is correct then the CPU will throw at whoever he's covering just b/c you're techinically using him. If I'm correct the CPU won't throw his way b/c he's in proper position.

I'm still at work so if you don't have time to try it I'll try it when I get home.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:05 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

wwharton said:

...I'm still at work...

... me too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2004, 06:03 PM   #22
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

i hope this is not the case....since i control the MLB all the game....in fact is the only player i control on D, ( i don`t do switch and dive, switch and dive).

coz if that is the case then i will know were is the ball now

anyways....one question...how you guys play with all pro (default) you don`t find too easy to run? or too hard to stop the run?.

i would love to play all defualt (all pro) but i find anoying it easy or hard (depends the side) to defend/attack the run.

i don`t want to change the topic of this thread but could someone post some or link me some good sliders? were i get realistic stats and even both ways (cpu and human).
Old 05-20-2004, 10:43 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

damn booker, i just had a league game and forgot to check on this after and now i'm watching the game.

anyway, you can abuse the outside run if you want. i don't find running between tackles too easy and personally i try to take it outside only a couple of times a game to keep it realistic. it's annoying as hell that i have to make myself do that (something i found i have to do with ea games) but that's how it is. in terms of stopping the run it's hard as hell but definitely doable. you have to really stay in your zone, be ready to switch and finish runners off before they finish breaking tackles and don't be too agressive on D or the runner only has to get by one wave of defenders and he's off to the races.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:46 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

wwharton said:
damn booker, i just had a league game and forgot to check on this after and now i'm watching the game.

anyway, you can abuse the outside run if you want. i don't find running between tackles too easy and personally i try to take it outside only a couple of times a game to keep it realistic. it's annoying as hell that i have to make myself do that (something i found i have to do with ea games) but that's how it is. in terms of stopping the run it's hard as hell but definitely doable. you have to really stay in your zone, be ready to switch and finish runners off before they finish breaking tackles and don't be too agressive on D or the runner only has to get by one wave of defenders and he's off to the races.

wart,

A little off topic but, the online leagues are still up? What was your espn id and team? Just curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »