Home

ESPN / IGN talks football great interview.

This is a discussion on ESPN / IGN talks football great interview. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #73
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: ESPN / IGN talks football great interview.

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
The whole Boomer and Suzy Kolber thing (and I'm sure Mel Kiper) is really a non-factor for most. Honestly, how many times are you REALLY going to watch these segments???

For the first week or two maybe??

Who still watches the "Snap Shots from the Half" or the "Weekly Wrapup" at this point?

Come on.

Me... I love the extra stuff that actually adds to the realism...
Old 05-27-2004, 10:29 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

burnwood said:
Here you go Vader and all who can't get it to work.

Open up Windows Media Player 9 (Mac or Windows) and go to file -> Open URL and paste this link there:

<a href="mms://od-msn.msn.com/18/mbr/2004525163226417.wm9_300k.ms_demo.wmv" target="_blank">mms://od-msn.msn.com/18/mbr/2004525163226417.wm9_300k.ms_demo.wmv</a>

If this doesn't work I have the video file downloaded now. Just got to find a place to upload it.

You're a good man, Burnwood...works like a champ. Don't know how you did it, but thanks again.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:36 PM   #75
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
Quote:

Clay_OS said:
The whole Boomer and Suzy Kolber thing (and I'm sure Mel Kiper) is really a non-factor for most. Honestly, how many times are you REALLY going to watch these segments???

For the first week or two maybe??

Who still watches the "Snap Shots from the Half" or the "Weekly Wrapup" at this point?

Come on.

Me... I love the extra stuff that actually adds to the realism...

Exactly. VC tries to give the fans something they want and people still find ways to shoot it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2004, 08:18 AM   #76
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

I'll be honest. I'm shocked.

Granted, there was very little response, but I can't believe how many people watch the fluff features. Especially the "Weekly Wrap Up".
Old 05-28-2004, 08:28 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 4

i watch it everytime..everygame....it doesn't make sense.--playing a franchise & not watching the weeklywrap up...or the halftime report...

That just goes to show u--we don't like 2k just to appose the general public.who all against it,n love madden..we just love the game point blank...i know why u are surprised!!!...

it's damn true..we love our game..we didn't just jump on becuase its diferent from the other football games or has different features.GET IT RIGHT!
Old 05-28-2004, 08:54 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 9

BURNWOOD!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME MY FRIEND!!!! IT WORKED! I am watching it now. Thank you so much!!!

After seeing the video, I can say that I am VERY excited about this game! Being able to SEE the commentators in the studio and on the sidelines is something I have wanted for a LONG time…AND…I am surprised that it made it on THIS generation's consoles! I really did not think we would see something like this until Xbox Next. Just think NFL2kers, we have arrived at the dawn of a new age of NFL video gaming! There is no going back! It will get better and better from here on out! By the time Xbox Next comes out, we may actually have photo-realistic game quality and animation! YAH!

Chris Berman I thought looked great! Of course, like with anything in life, he could be better. But I am VERY pleased with Virtual Berman the way he is right now for his debut. 2k6 I am sure will be 3 times better. Suzy, well, I am just happy to see a virtual woman reporter on the sidelines, interviewing and talking with players. She could have been named Michelle Westphall from NFL2k1 and it would have not made a difference to me. If ESPN is trying to make us believe that this IS Suzy Kolber from ESPN on our virtual sidelines, then it did not work. I don't think it looks anything like her. You know what else? I don't care! We finally have a body on the sidelines interviewing the players! This is GREAT news!
Old 05-28-2004, 09:42 AM   #79
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

solja said:
i watch it everytime..everygame....it doesn't make sense.--playing a franchise & not watching the weeklywrap up...or the halftime report...

That's going a little far. What doesn't make sense??? I know who the Hot at the Half is going to be without watching. And the Weekly Wrap Up shows pre-scripted plays. There's nothing to "learn" from it.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:21 AM   #80
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

solja said:

That's going a little far. What doesn't make sense??? I know who the Hot at the Half is going to be without watching. And the Weekly Wrap Up shows pre-scripted plays. There's nothing to "learn" from it.

This year they won't be pre-scripted. Everything will be true-blue footage.

Last year's halftime report thing had snapshots of the actual game. The game somehow incorporates to take snapshots at certain kickoff return catches, guys crossing the endzones, and the first hit of a sack, etc. That was pretty interesting. They should do the same now, only with footage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »