Home

All about the Refs!!!

This is a discussion on All about the Refs!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2004, 07:40 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
All about the Refs!!!

I think Visual Concepts should pay more attention to the Refs interaction with the players! Maybe sometimes every 2 or 3 games, a player should not agree with a refs call and go to that ref to ask him "Whats going on?" I think that sometimes when a player gets multiple penalties he should have an attitude meter. For example: If Albert Hanesworth gets 3 off sides penalties, he might get in the Refs face and accidently touch him, and get kicked out the game! You can't touch a ref! There should be a stat in the players attributes called attitude. The higher the attitude, the less the player would probably keep his composure! The players should also get penalized and fined in your Franchise mode by the league! During weekly practice, you should be able to give disciplinary workout drills to the players for acting a fool! You can assign an assistant couch to take care of this. This will also make the players attiude stat go down a little at a time! A player should be able to randomly decide not to show up. If this happens, you could start another player over him to teach him a lesson. This action should really straighten him out! It sounds like Madden and ESPN put together huh?! What do you guys think?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2004, 08:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: All about the Refs!!!

I think this is a good idea! I am not sure if it could be done in this much detail like you want, but I can't see a reason why we could not get a few more extra cut scenes with the Refs separating players or even going to the sidelines for a brief moment to explain a call to a coach.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think some additional cut scenes would be great. Especially one with some wide receiver doing the old Michael Irvin jump up and down for the interference flag even though the cornerback was 4 steps behind the entire play and the ball was thrown 12 feet in front of him. Also would be nice to see refs huddle before the call with the players around them.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:26 AM   #4
Rookie

Superman_TR's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea! they use to do the huddling thing back on NFL2k and NFL2k1! Why did they take that out?!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

something liek the confidence meter from ESPN MLB?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »