Home

A testament to the quality of this game.

This is a discussion on A testament to the quality of this game. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: A testament to the quality of this game.

I sold my 360 and entire game collection to 'upgrade' to next gen, and got Madden 15. Months of frustration(not just Madden 15, which is a poor game, but the lack of games to choose from in general), I dusted off my ps2 and fired up 2K5.

The ps2 version will have to hold me over until I buy another 360...just for this game, that's how much I love it. The ps2 version is fine, but I really miss my wacky created rosters, legend rosters, replays shown instead of pictures during half time, and custom stadium music. It really adds a nice touch to hear the NFL on Fox theme as the game starts.

But sadly even with it's age, to me it's still the best representation of nfl football in a video game to date, which speaks poorly of how bad the madden games have been. This game does the little things right. Height actually factors into player ratings, the commentators are really good and actually sound natural, and they notice what's going on on the field.

Line up to punt on 1st down and they'll call you crazy, but even in Madden 15 Nantz and Simms don't give a crap, as they praise you for doing well on offense. We wouldn't be suffering through mediocrity today if 2K were still able to make nfl games, and that's the painful truth.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:38 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: A testament to the quality of this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
I sold my 360 and entire game collection to 'upgrade' to next gen, and got Madden 15. Months of frustration(not just Madden 15, which is a poor game, but the lack of games to choose from in general), I dusted off my ps2 and fired up 2K5.

The ps2 version will have to hold me over until I buy another 360...just for this game, that's how much I love it. The ps2 version is fine, but I really miss my wacky created rosters, legend rosters, replays shown instead of pictures during half time, and custom stadium music. It really adds a nice touch to hear the NFL on Fox theme as the game starts.

But sadly even with it's age, to me it's still the best representation of nfl football in a video game to date, which speaks poorly of how bad the madden games have been. This game does the little things right. Height actually factors into player ratings, the commentators are really good and actually sound natural, and they notice what's going on on the field.

Line up to punt on 1st down and they'll call you crazy, but even in Madden 15 Nantz and Simms don't give a crap, as they praise you for doing well on offense. We wouldn't be suffering through mediocrity today if 2K were still able to make nfl games, and that's the painful truth.

I thought about selling my 360 last year when I upgraded to ONE but I held off because of 2K5/2K8. Those games are good enough to where I still want to keep the ole 360 around.

Fun can be had with Madden. I just accept that I'm going to see and hear some different things when I play.

The thing about 2K5: everything works and everything makes sense on the field and user control is available at all times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »