Home

MY BEST GAMING MOMENT IN NFL2K4

This is a discussion on MY BEST GAMING MOMENT IN NFL2K4 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2004, 05:40 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: MY BEST GAMING MOMENT IN NFL2K4

Quote:

marino13 said:
Why would he throw with 2 seconds left and being up by 6?

Well when your a sibling you usually like to win big, so he was tryin
Old 06-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

HbK265 said:
Quote:

SteelersFreak said:
I just played a franchise game today, Steelers (me) @ Chiefs. In the pooring down rain on 3rd and 5, I'm down 10-7 driving, this is with about 30 seconds left, I have only 2 timeouts. I snap the ball with Maddox, roll out, pump fake to Ward, pull the ball down, cross the first down line, looks like I have the game wrapped up, right?

WRONG!!

Maddox fumbles while going down and they run out the clock. I was dang upset.

But it was the awesomest (my own special word ) game of ESPN NFL I've had. (That I can remember, I went a long time not playing this game)

lol that has got to be the first time that anyone has ever posted a game they lost to the computer, because everytime i read a post about a great game vs the computer, its always something along the lines of "its the 4th quarter, there was no chance that i would win the game" once something like that is posted i know the outcome (the guy writing the post "miraculously" wins the game

The atmosphere was just amazing, I mean it was pouring down rain and the defenses were playing awesome all game. I had stopped Priest on the run and injured Trent Green on an amazing sack by Kendrell Bell, he blew him up. (Trent rolled right into the sack his chest facing Bell when he layed the smackdown on him.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:02 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:

HbK265 said:
Quote:

SteelersFreak said:
I just played a franchise game today, Steelers (me) @ Chiefs. In the pooring down rain on 3rd and 5, I'm down 10-7 driving, this is with about 30 seconds left, I have only 2 timeouts. I snap the ball with Maddox, roll out, pump fake to Ward, pull the ball down, cross the first down line, looks like I have the game wrapped up, right?

WRONG!!

Maddox fumbles while going down and they run out the clock. I was dang upset.

But it was the awesomest (my own special word ) game of ESPN NFL I've had. (That I can remember, I went a long time not playing this game)

lol that has got to be the first time that anyone has ever posted a game they lost to the computer, because everytime i read a post about a great game vs the computer, its always something along the lines of "its the 4th quarter, there was no chance that i would win the game" once something like that is posted i know the outcome (the guy writing the post "miraculously" wins the game

I had the most awesome heartbreaking lost ever in a video game too, it happened last season in the SuperBowl against the Falcons led by Mike Vick.

I thought i would win this game cause this was the Falcons first trip to the SuperBowl...but i was wrong!

My gameplan did not work out, My gameplan was to try to air it out with my top receivers...but that didnt work with their 3-4 defense and fast LB's.

They ended up running the ball with Tim Ducket and Mike Vick scrambling all over the field...they had 2 ok receivers with Price and Finneran.. And they won the SuperBowl with a last second TD run.

But then next season i was looking forward to my REVENGE! Oh yea... Falcons had the best record with 14-2 and i meet them in the 2nd playoff game since they had the bye.

They were kicking my behind and taking control of the game and i thought i would lose but then something happened... I injured Tim Ducket who was their main runner! And he was running very well through out the game...

Once he was gone..It was all over for the Falcons! I won in a blow out...they couldn't follow their gameplan after that...Mike Vick had to throw..but then i had very good CB's...he could not do anything...

It's great how key players stand out in a game...once they are gone..you really feel the momentum shift..and the team doesn't play the same as they used to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My XBox just died before I could save a Roy Williams' 3-interception, 3 pass deflection franchise game against the Panthers... the score wasn't close and the game wasn't tense, but it's the first time I've ever been able to manually play as a defensive back on ANY football video game with any effectiveness, and quite frankly I enjoyed it.

I shoulda bought a brand new XBox and not a used one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »