Home

Can anyone confirm this?

This is a discussion on Can anyone confirm this? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2004, 08:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Can anyone confirm this?

In this year's game are you allowed to take more than one human controlled team in a franchise/career? I will try to explain in a little more detail. My brother and I take one team each. I take a team in the NFC and he takes a team in the AFC. We do a fantasy draft and thus starts our franchise/career. When our scheduled games come up for our teams we would play them. We would have total control to do what we would want with each of our teams. Something similar to Fever or Madden. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? All 2K sports games in the past only permitted you to have one team during a franchise/career. It sucked because there is NO fun having 2 seperate franchises going at 2 different times!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 09:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can anyone confirm this?

Quote:

goopaluchie said:
In this year's game are you allowed to take more than one human controlled team in a franchise/career? I will try to explain in a little more detail. My brother and I take one team each. I take a team in the NFC and he takes a team in the AFC. We do a fantasy draft and thus starts our franchise/career. When our scheduled games come up for our teams we would play them. We would have total control to do what we would want with each of our teams. Something similar to Fever or Madden. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? All 2K sports games in the past only permitted you to have one team during a franchise/career. It sucked because there is NO fun having 2 seperate franchises going at 2 different times!

You can control all teams in Franchise mode in ESPN 2k4 so I would assume it would be in there this year as well.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:

Bondra12 said:
Quote:

goopaluchie said:

You can control all teams in Franchise mode in ESPN 2k4 so I would assume it would be in there this year as well.

If that is the case then I will be buying this football game this year. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

goopaluchie said:
Quote:

Bondra12 said:
Quote:

goopaluchie said:

If that is the case then I will be buying this football game this year. Thanks for the quick response.

I remember not being able to do this in ESPN...I might be wrong on this...I can't check right now.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

Darth_Vader said:
Quote:

goopaluchie said:
Quote:

Bondra12 said:
Quote:

goopaluchie said:

I remember not being able to do this in ESPN...I might be wrong on this...I can't check right now.

No I'm positive you could last year. At the franchise screen where you choose your team, you can check all of the checkboxes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 11:51 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah in ESPN you can control how every many teams you would like.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:19 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

In 2k4 you could control more than one team in a franchise. The problem i had
was that when my buddy was playing his game he had to play against the CPU instead
of letting me move the controller over and play as the CPU team. That sucked because
I had to wait till he played his game then I would play mine and he had to wait, therefore
we never really finished a season. I really hope they have it set up like NCAA2004 which
let a human controll the other team. We are in our 12TH year for ncaa and I never had
to sit around and watch him play his game I was always the opponant and vice versa... Lots
of fun and still going.... Oh and it was great to ruin his year with a non ranked nobody
team... plus I got to use teams that I would normally never try.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Yeah in ESPN you can control how every many teams you would like.

Thats true but you can't take control of a team in the middle of a franchise. You have to take control right from the begining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »