Home

Advertising

This is a discussion on Advertising within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2004, 03:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Advertising

I just thought of something, and it makes perfect sense. I think by dropping the price on the game like they have, ESPN has just saved itself a couple of months of high priced tv ads, and other promotional stuff. They now have done in one fell swoop, what needed to be done to sell this game, and now on until the release, Football Fridays will keep everyone going nuts for the release of this game, and it sure cost a whole lot less promoting this way, then through tv ads, that's my take.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2004, 04:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Advertising

They still need to do some TV ads and get some on-air promos on ESPN. The internet promos are fine but I know plenty of sports gamers who don't bother with gaming sites. They just walk into the store and get Madden.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Then they obviously don't read, or are too, too, too, stupid to listen and learn!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

personally, I feel the price drop means they have to advertise a hell of a lot more. They've got to beat the ESPN name into people's heads with TV and print ads, because I can only assume their goal is to sell a lot of units this year, to get a lot of the casual gamers who don't know about ESPN trying the game. I predict Sega and Take Two will go all out for this one
Old 06-11-2004, 12:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think it's harder for ESPN to get advertising time than it is for Madden. Everyone knows Madden so all the companies are all over it. I think VC is trying but they just can't get the air time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

mgoblue said:
personally, I feel the price drop means they have to advertise a hell of a lot more. They've got to beat the ESPN name into people's heads with TV and print ads, because I can only assume their goal is to sell a lot of units this year, to get a lot of the casual gamers who don't know about ESPN trying the game. I predict Sega and Take Two will go all out for this one

Another thing they need to do, is get rid of the Tracy Morgan ads from last year. Yes, it was funny and all but it was a poor representation of a video game commercial. They need to take a page from Square-Enix or THQs book. They show they're games off more than anything in they're commercials.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
R**k**

Diesel3649's Arena

OVR: 3

It's no harder for ESPN to get advertising than it is for Madden, simply pony up the money, and you can have as much time as you want. EA simply has a much larger advertising budget than Sega, especially when it comes to Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »