Home

QB Evade, I hope this means....................

This is a discussion on QB Evade, I hope this means.................... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2004, 10:38 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: QB Evade, I hope this means....................

I think its a good idea on VC's part giving us more control. I just hope I dont forget to use it.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:44 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 21

For what it's worth, I like how your controller setup would work, Teedog. Seems to me like it would work great.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:57 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

SageTheInfinite said:
I think its a good idea on VC's part giving us more control. I just hope I dont forget to use it.

LOL same here...I just now started using the right thumbstick for jukes and stops etc...Never rememebred using it when I first got the game...got it bnack a few weeks ago and I use it online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 08:34 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

From the looks of the new video at ESPNvideogames.com my thoughts may be close to reality. looks likethe right analog is used for moving around in the pocket as well as ducking and rolling out of tackles. SWEET!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:04 PM   #13
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

TeeDogg said:
From the looks of the new video at ESPNvideogames.com my thoughts may be close to reality. looks likethe right analog is used for moving around in the pocket as well as ducking and rolling out of tackles. SWEET!

not quite. if you watch the vid again and look in the upper right hand corner whichs shows how the controls are sent in you'll notice that the left analog is being used for movement in the pocket while the right analog performs the qb evade moves. Basically the same as using the left analog to control the rb's movements while using the right analog to perform jukes.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

It seems as though this move will result in an animation where the qb breaks a tackles rather than avoid the contact altogether...other than that, it looks good. I thought the actual QB movement would be more aggressive. It seems that the QB is only steeping into or out of the pocket about half a yard.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:26 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

I noticed that. but each time he used the left analog was for running out of the pocket. and the animation was a little diffrent. But he stepped up into the pocket, stepped back, and did some moving around with out budging the left analog using only the right. but we dont know if he held down a trigger to use the right analog or not. I doubt they did my whole idea, i was just throwing out food for thought guys. but it looks like they had some similar things in mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 09:44 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

Nice. Glad to see they were thinking along the same lines as you were. I liked the animation where the QB evaded to his left. Looks like that's the animation that has been missing. Too bad though you have to use the QB evade to see that particular animation. That should be standard when you flip your QB in the other direction, IMO. Overall, looks very good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »