Home

ESPN sometimes feel "automatic"

This is a discussion on ESPN sometimes feel "automatic" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2004, 01:05 AM   #9
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ESPN sometimes feel \"automatic\"

ok i guess i`m the only one...thanks for yours reply, though
Old 06-14-2004, 01:55 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah I dont feel like this at all. Out of all the football games I feel this one gives me the most control on . What I do matters the most in this game then any of the other two, at least thats how I feel.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:03 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

You may have slow fingers or the signal coming from your brain isn't fast enough because I don't have that problem with ESPN. Out of all the football games IMO ESPN gives you more control and gives you the feeling that what you do has a impact on the outcome of your games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 06:52 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

booker21 said:
I like ESPN and i enjoy watching vieos of ESPN but honestly, i don`t enjoy that much when i`m playing it.

My main concern is that when i play ESPN i don`t feel i`m in total control of the players. for example, when i run the ball, i don`t feel i have the time to read the Hole and find the hole, is like all is too fast and the players are all over me, or worst i can win 10 yds by just running up without having to take the "right" hole.

Also the tacklings, seems like they play all alone without me taking any control over it. How many times i did "roughing the Passes" coz i stop 2 yds away from the Qb and "MY" player made the tackle without "ME" telling him to do so.

Sometimes i feel the whole gamplay is scripted. Don`t know, is hard to explain what i feel when i play...

does anyone feel the same or understand what i`m feeling?

I wish this year we get more control over the players than we did before

Go grab Madden then bro..im gonna enjoy ESPN to the fullest as its the best football game on the market
Old 06-14-2004, 07:05 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

If you are talking about the pre-scripted roll over animations and such, yeah I could see what you are talking about, but if you are talking about the actual movement of the players, ESPN is better than both EA offerings IMO.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:30 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I understand what you're saying about the running game as far as hitting the hole, etc. However i don't see it in the passing game or on defense.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:39 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

More control is always a good thing. Perhaps you would enjoy it more if you lowered the gamespeed. I often feel like I'm fighting against the AI auto-pilot when controlling defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 08:46 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think I do understand what you're saying. But my main concern isn't the lack of control, it's the point of too much control. In other words, momentum. There is absolutely no momentum in this game what so ever. I can cut on dimes, I can go from full on sprint to standing still in a blink of an eye.

Now after reading the E3 previews for ESPN they mentioned that momentum is there, and that foot plants were evident. I was really excited when I heard when I read this, but has anyone see any proof in the released videos? Now, I'm not talking I want Madden type momentum (which has been the same since the Genesis days) but I'd like for VC to find a happy medium in between.

And don't get me started on the feel of the passing game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »