Home

It's been confirmed. ESPN 2K5 to be in 720P

This is a discussion on It's been confirmed. ESPN 2K5 to be in 720P within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2004, 05:41 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: It\'s been confirmed. ESPN 2K5 to be in 720P

Quote:

laurenskye said:
Your Hitachi is just upconferting. You can switch it to anything, it doesn't mean the game is running in that.

Hey lauren!

So if the game is built to be displayed in 480p, and I switch my TV to 1080i, I will not see any difference? Is it better just to leave it at 480p?
Old 06-16-2004, 05:47 PM   #34
Banned

Actually bgfn, NFL2k4 DOES support Widescreen. It is really freaking cool too! You get to see WRs on the ends before the snap of the ball, that you otherwise could not see. Without the aid of zooming out anyway. All I have to do is set my Xbox preferences to Widescreen, and select the widescreen aspect ratio on the TV. Perfect! I am now playing the game in Widescreen without any stretching or loss of the image. In fact, you get MORE of the image! Yay!
Old 06-16-2004, 05:51 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

jiujitsu35 said:
Dark,I can answer your question because I have a hitachi also.The virtual hd button that you are touching for 1080i or 540p does not mean that you are watching the game in 1080.You will notice that when you start your game that in the corner it will tell you what your playing the game at.Even to watch hdtv you need a decoder to watch abc,cbs,nbc and now fox,you have the most important part the tv but you also need the decoder.

So what is my TV doing when I play ESPN Baseball. I also have a Hitachi Widescreen. My TV locks automatically in Widescreen when I play a game in 720P. So if this so, is my TV converting the signal to 1080I or what? Remember Widescreen HDTV's lock in widescreen mode once an HD Signal is being sent thru a HD Box or any other device that can send a HD Signal(XBOX)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 05:55 PM   #36
Banned

Hey jiu!

Well, I knew that until I get a HiDef Programming Receiver (About $400 damned dollars!) I cannot enjoy HiDef programming on my TV. I had NO IDEA that when I switch between 1080i and 480p that it was not effecting the game at all! That kinda bums me out. I think I did see that initial 540p message in the top corner on occasion when I start the game up. At least I think it says 540p. It could say 480p, I don't remember. Anyway, the game still looks great thanks to the HiDef Pack and the Component Cables! I can't wait to add to it, true Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound for NFL2k5! Woo! Woo!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:37 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

It will autom. play in 720p if the setting is on in your xbox.The virtual hd button has nothing to do with 480p,720p,1080i.the hitachi will not convert 720p to 1080i because your hitachi has 720p.All of this will not matter if you don't have component cables,if you are using s-video or composite the yellow cable you will only get 480i which looks pretty bad on our tvs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »