Home

PS2 Videos of ESPN2k5????

This is a discussion on PS2 Videos of ESPN2k5???? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PS2 Videos of ESPN2k5????

Quote:

macatak911 said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
Who's bashing the PS2? I own a PS2 myself. I was only making a comment based on common sense (as marketers might see it).

"Sega is really going on a marketing blitz this year and the best thing to do is show the superior version of the game. "

How do you know XBOX is the superior version? Do you own both copies? Just because there are no PS2 vids dosnt make it less good. Also, my comment was directed to everyone not just you.

Actually from a marketing standpoint I would think catering to the PS2 user would make more sense as there are more PS2 units to XBOX units.

How is the Xbox version superior? Simple: The game was designed with the technology of the xbox in mind and then ported over to the ps2. The end result? Same gameplay on each resepective console, but a vast difference in terms of graphical capacity and presentation.

Graphical analysis:

ps2 version:

xbox version:

Those screens speak for themselves. I'm not trying to start a console war; I'm merely showing you the obvious difference between the 2 versions since you questioned if the xbox was the superior version.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

macatak911 said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
Who's bashing the PS2? I own a PS2 myself. I was only making a comment based on common sense (as marketers might see it).

"Sega is really going on a marketing blitz this year and the best thing to do is show the superior version of the game. "

How do you know XBOX is the superior version? Do you own both copies? Just because there are no PS2 vids dosnt make it less good. Also, my comment was directed to everyone not just you.

Actually from a marketing standpoint I would think catering to the PS2 user would make more sense as there are more PS2 units to XBOX units.

Try reading the press again on the game. The game this year was built from the ground up as an Xbox title specifically to support the advanced features of the Xbox graphics, like triple-pass rendering, etc. The game is better looking on the Xbox.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:12 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

macatak911 said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:

The past 3 years the game was devloped with the PS2 as the lead platform & then brought over to the Xbox with some enhancements.

Being that the NFL2K series sold more every year on the XBox they decided to design the game for the Xbox this year from the ground up.
Xbox has more memory, more features, & definatly alot of more specific hardware rendering techniques that simply cannot be done on the PS2.

So yes the XBox is the superior version = locked 60fps, better graphics ( alot better), & last but not least every Xbox comes with a Hardrive so you will see actual footage being played back from your ingame highlights, & the Ps2 will only have still pictures no video ( scratch that if you get the PS2 hardrive)

, peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 12:14 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

macatak911 said:
Quote:

SportsmanTO said:

They are making it for the xbox which would make the xbox the superior version.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:28 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Another picture comparison:

ps2:

xbox:
Old 06-16-2004, 12:41 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 22

Cant see how anyone can even attempt to question that their is a diffrence from the ps2 to xbox versions of this years game. Xbox is clearly more powerful then the ps2..i know, i own both and it was already stated many times by SegaVC that ESPN for this year was being built ground up for xbox hardware..to take advantage of its more powerful technology and graphics. Main reason for this move? ESPN games sell more on xbox then they do on ps2...straight from the horses mouth!

Old 06-16-2004, 09:43 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

nospin said:

ps2 version:

xbox version:

Hey spin!

To be fair, one of the reasons why these screenshots are so dramatically different is that the Xbox version is a direct source screen capture. The PS2 shot is a photograph of the screen. If you were to take a photo of the game playing on a TV for Xbox, and then did a direct source screen capture of it on PS2, the PS2 would look much better. The best way to really compare the quality of the PS2 and the Xbox is to present them with the same source—either both screen captures or both photographs.

Don't get me wrong, I am not denying for a second that the Xbox version is prettier.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »