Home

Give love to the QB Evade feature

This is a discussion on Give love to the QB Evade feature within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2004, 07:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Give love to the QB Evade feature

So far I have not seen our ESPN fans give the necessary love to the QB Evade feature. We are talking about a big step in football gaming which gives us the ability to totally simulate a QB's action. Previous threads (2K4) complained about the QB animations etc. Along with new throwing animations VC has taken the big step in bringing the QB's to life in the game!! Let's be thankful and show some love for this new feature!!!

Vote yes I love it or no I hate it. Add comments to the thread if you like!!

P.S. Just imagine if EA came up with this idea!! Pres. Bush would be marketing it during the State of the Union. So we need to pump it up as if "it's in the game" if you know what I mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 07:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Give love to the QB Evade feature

"So we need to pump it up as if "it's in the game" if you know what I mean." -DONF

I know what you mean. Its all about pocket awareness and 'You can't coach that!'

Good idea and great feature if its implemented correctly. With any luck VC hasn't made Rich Gannon into Mike Vick.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:42 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

My vote is 'Yes, I love it WITH CONDITIONS!' I don't want to see the QB going into an unrealistic animation where he is throwing down a 250lb LB with one hand on a regular basis. There also better be more fumbles by the QB if he is doing this evade thing all the time. I think proper pursuit angles need to play a major role in this as well. If a defensive player is approaching him from the side without a straight line to the QB, then the evade feature should fall in the QB's favor. If the defensive player has a clear, straight line to the QB and the QB is trying to just get the ball away, the QB should be blasted into the turf. Don't have it so the QB is successfully evading would-be tackles 8, 9 or even 10 times a game.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

I love it. But I agree w/LDV. As long it's not one of those things where mobile QBs can regularly shrug off tackles solid tackles (or making ridiculous accurate throws under duress), it'll be a fantastic addition. It could take pocket presence to a new level.

Also want to give VC big props for the new QB animations - and varying animations between the style of QB. Some of the throws I've seen in videos look ridiculously realistic.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
Banned

No question!! I agree and I hope VC correctly implements the QB Evade feature. I too do not want to see QB's breaking multiple tackles and then throwing accurate passes. After watching the Vids featuring McNabb, I can see the effectiveness of the evade feature, but I hope it does not become the norm therefore creating the " Super QB " .

Per the ESPN video, we have all seen McNabb do some serious evading in real life! I am sure NFL Films can show some footage of him doing pretty much what ESPN showed in the QB Evade video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

I hate the QB evade feature and it may be a good reason to not buy the game. It is clear from the videos that it is not realistic and poorly implemented. What really worries me though is that in some videos the QB evades almost sure sacks and then instantly throw a perfect pass for a completion off his back foot. How many times have you seen seen Payton Manning evade sacks and become super human and unsackable? Maybe one or two times in his career and certainly not very often and we have already seen it in a recent video. It is obvious that there is a huge potential for cheese and abuse with this new feature. I am willing to bet that within one week after the game is released there are going to be many threads in this forum complaining about new cheese made possible by this feature.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #7
Banned

Lightning I will be sure to save your post. I totally disagree with you. And if you look at the vids. McNabb was the only QB displaying the new feature. Not Manning. And yes McNabb has done that (not exact) on a few occasions. Lighten up Lightning! ha!

P.S. Didn't you see the vids where the QB's were sacked by a single D' player. Look again.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

I think VC probably showed how the feature WORKS and QB abilities HOWEVER I dont think this evade feature will work ALL the time and with ALL QBs.
VC probably should have showed the feature with the QB scrambling from 1 or 2 defenders and then gets sacked or gang tackled so people wont worry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »