Home

Why is there always alot of people viewing ESPN Football section?

This is a discussion on Why is there always alot of people viewing ESPN Football section? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2004, 03:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why is there always alot of people viewing ESPN Football section?

I watched the Berman highlight video that showed clips from the games and I was overcome with joy.

I've always played Madden and will continue to but I'm really looking forward to ESPN 2005.

The only thing that worries me about ESPN 2005 is the franchise/stats component.

But the animations are what brought me to the game. The juke system. The way the QB drops back and then throws all look dead on.

The main draw for Madden is being able to bring the players from NCAA into the game.

I will most definately buy all three. Play NCAA the most, then import into Madden. Play a game or two a season in madden but spend most of the time in the draft and owner mode. The I will fire up ESPN and play for fun. I may take my exported guys out of NCAA and convert/edit them to be drafted in ESPN.

Either way, I'll have fun with all three games. But ESPN has got my attention for the first time since Dreamcast.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #10
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Here's why- there's a growing movement of people who were die-hard Madden fans (like myself) who are sick of the same yearly "Regurgitation" of the Madden 2001 engine.

Especially XBOX fans- who get a PS2 port over to their superior hardware- and EA still treats all but PS2 players as second class citizens (No "Collectors Edition" on anything but PS2.. and frankly, I'm not surprised).

But to me, my issue is the same engine for 5 years now- with merely touched up graphics and animations. Many of us are SICK of scorefests in single player Madden (especially considering the Comeback AI). In ESPN, 14 to 10 scores in defensive struggles are quite possible (and quite likely) Frankly- ESPN, with minimal slider work in ALL PRO mode (to tone down the running game), played a much more realistic single player/franchise experience than Madden did last year. That's the bottom line.

Plus- Online Franchises, Mel Kiper coming in after week 8 to talk about the upcoming draft, "Living Rosters", maximum tackling, maximum passing (which allows TEN times more pass control than Madden does), MUCH better presentation, Berman, NFL Primetime- you name it. ESPN has just done alot more to get people excited this year than Madden does.

ESPN has had assigned double teams, hot blitzes/hot covers, and defensive Macros long before this year, and that is what EA is pimping. We've had it, and had it for a few years now on ESPN. ESPN's only mis-steps last year were an overly-juiced running game, and poor game performance on PS2 online. IF not for that, ESPN would have been the undisputed king.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:15 PM   #11
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

quietcool72 said:
Here's why- there's a growing movement of people who were die-hard Madden fans (like myself) who are sick of the same yearly "Regurgitation" of the Madden 2001 engine.

Especially XBOX fans- who get a PS2 port over to their superior hardware- and EA still treats all but PS2 players as second class citizens (No "Collectors Edition" on anything but PS2.. and frankly, I'm not surprised).

But to me, my issue is the same engine for 5 years now- with merely touched up graphics and animations. Many of us are SICK of scorefests in single player Madden (especially considering the Comeback AI). In ESPN, 14 to 10 scores in defensive struggles are quite possible (and quite likely) Frankly- ESPN, with minimal slider work in ALL PRO mode (to tone down the running game), played a much more realistic single player/franchise experience than Madden did last year. That's the bottom line.

Couldn't have said it better myself -- and nice to see you here, quiet. It's going pretty slow at F-G.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2004, 06:55 PM   #12
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Is it because they been more hands on game play on ESPN Football then Madden?
Old 06-19-2004, 09:51 PM   #13
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

I love how people always say. O I love madden since I was daddy's little squirt but I will alway play madden, but I am looking for to Espn this year.

I for one never played Madden when I was young (except when I went to my cousins). Joe Montana Football all the way. Ok know one cares, just thought I would bring that up if anyone hasn't notice.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:14 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Jon22 said:
I love how people always say. O I love madden since I was daddy's little squirt but I will alway play madden, but I am looking for to Espn this year.

I for one never played Madden when I was young (except when I went to my cousins). Joe Montana Football all the way. Ok know one cares, just thought I would bring that up if anyone hasn't notice.

Joe Montana Football was the shiz but Joe Montana's Sportstalk Football sucked big time!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »