Home

Need to know what u think, ESPN Flaws.

This is a discussion on Need to know what u think, ESPN Flaws. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2004, 02:18 AM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Need to know what u think, ESPN Flaws.

Hi, first, i like the game and i just played the best game so far on All Pro.
Now while i was playing i wrote down what i dislike or what i feel is wrong on the game to share with you and talk about it.
pls don`t flame since i took my time to develope this and try to make as simple and clear as posible. i won`t talk about RB animations or how powerfull the RB are since we all know that, but there are more things we could talk to see if they are wrong or is just me.

1-passing Arching, i feel the short passes are great, with bullet passes but my main concern is on Deep Passes, over 30, lob passes. I just feel the Ball need more air under the foobtall. I just did a 40yds pass were the pass was like a Perfect line with little arching on it.

2-tackling animatons, while some of them are awesome, others are wrong, not the animation itself, but the momentum of it. I `ll try to explain on a Picture, i hope i can attached this. to resume, i was the WR running north and the SS tackled me from behind West, and we went the wrong direction. ok, take a look at the pic, the Blue lines are were we SHOULD go down, and the RED is were we actually went down.

3-CPU don`t go deep, it`s me or the CPU almost never goes deep, i know in NFL they don`t go deep often but they did try a pass over 30 yds or once in a while, i feel the CPU don`t lob their passes over 30 yds.

4-Speed rating, i don`t know if this is a problem of ratings or is coz the CPU don`t use the Speed Burst. but I was the LB, were most of the time i cover the RB or a Zone sometimes i had to cover a Slot reciver on Man to man (yeah, wron call, anyways) i was able to run step by step with him, in fact i had to slow down while i was covering him. I was barton (raidres) and he was Bates (Vikings). I did try another LB and WR and same results

5-Sideline Running, i won`t go into detail about it but this will be fixed on 2k5? the Defense don`t know how to tackle when the ball carrier is near the sideline.

6-Match Simulation, we will need to simulate 4min per Quarter to get decent stats? this will be fixed?

well, i think this is all i wrote after this game, it was a great game but if this 6 things were fixed for 2k5 it will be a perfect game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
MVP

Lester206's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Need to know what u think, ESPN Flaws.

i agree with the tackling animation. they do sometimes go down in the wrong places. its sometimes pretty noticable when you're running full speed in one direction and someone gets you from behind and you go down falling in a different direction. a little awkward. hopefully it can be fixed.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Good job booker. Your illustration conveys your point perfectly. The result of a hit with momentum going in the direction you established, should never end up where you showed. That sideline 'cheat' should be fixed for this year too. Along with bad angles that the defense CPU uses, I hope our CPU teammates are improved with their blocking logic. I can't tell you how many times I have a CPU player or two running 10 or 15 yards ahead of me during my punt return, when they should be sticking close to me to block my opponents coming at me from the side or behind me. This is where Switch To Blocker would REALLY come in handy. Just let your CPU ball carrier run the ball, while you switch to the next player closest to him to block for him…LOGICALLY!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:24 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

One thing no one has mentioned yet is the pass blocking. I really hope that the issue with o linemen just watching DEs run pas them is over.

I dont have a problem when a linemen makes a move on a player but to watch them be in positoin to make a block and just kind of stand there without moving their arms to do anything is annoying as hell.

Also i would like to see more cathing animations. There are too many one handed cathes, this is something madden even handled years ago though these one handers arnt as annoying but it would be nice to see more cathes some cathes were the reciver really goes up to get the ball

I hope movent overall this year is trully better. ive seen the videos and im still not completely sold on the new momentum

Definsive pursuit like said earlier is completely screwed up also i would like to see defenders make more plays on passes it seems like all they want to do is hit the reciever after its thrown which is cool but alot of times they could just as easily make plays on the ball. and with that ide like to see more poorly thrown balls
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Good points. The sideline tackling was worse on the XBox from what I heard but it is expected to be fixed as are most everything you noted. The Q & A said the CPU will now speed burst as well. The only concern I have for 2K5 in the list above is the CPU deep passes. This needs to improve and I haven't heard anything other than VIP stuff which may fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

The deep pass has been a really big pet peeve of mine. They don't throw bombs every down in the NFL but they throw deep often enough for it to be a serious threat. Even as regards shorter passes the computer doesn't put the right arch on the ball to throw passes over your defenders, everything is a line drive.
One big problem is that even with all the new innovations of the game, the computer rarely takes advantage of them. Case in point. There are more than 220 plays for each team, yet the computer only utilizes a handful of them. Has anyone ever seen the computer throw a halfback pass or a flea-flicker? The computer also has the annoying habit of going to a goaline package on 2&6 or less, without variation! No matter what team you use they do the same thing. So with all the new innovations, it will only be good if the computer uses it.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:11 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

"...The deep pass has been a really big pet peeve of mine. They don't throw bombs every down in the NFL but they throw deep often enough for it to be a serious threat. Even as regards shorter passes the computer doesn't put the right arch on the ball to throw passes over your defenders, everything is a line drive..."

I totally agree on this, they should throw once in a while, so this way they keep your defense streched out. And once in a while, they got the completition, too.
i really hope VC do "fix" this.

I think (hope) most of the point i listed, they will fix or tweak, but i`m not sure about this, since i didn`t hear anyone complaing it about it. maybe they had too much long passes with madden, so they can`t see another deep pass kidding, long passes are in the NFL, in fact they are a very exciting play to watch, i hope they add this. more "lob long passes".-
Old 06-21-2004, 02:17 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:

rudyjuly2 said:
Good points. The sideline tackling was worse on the XBox from what I heard but it is expected to be fixed as are most everything you noted. The Q & A said the CPU will now speed burst as well. The only concern I have for 2K5 in the list above is the CPU deep passes. This needs to improve and I haven't heard anything other than VIP stuff which may fix this.

Actually this was the complete Q&A

Quote:

Q: Will the CPU controlled players sprint in 2 Player? It was pretty frustrating to watch your CPU controlled teammates get out run by the QB because your opponent was hitting sprint. I like the sprint option, I just hope the CPU controlled players use it as well (when playing online).

A: Oh yes, they use it now...

Is really confusing, since he is talking about his teammates CPu players on ONLINE game...what i`m asking, ALL players on ALL Modes use the speed burst when they need too. Also, if a WR is running a Pattern, they maybe won`t use the speed burst until they catch the pass, in that case is the same i`ll be able to cover him with a MLB coz i`ll be using the Speed burst on the covering
What i want is all players use the speed burst even on running the pattern, maybe possesion routes will be ok, without speed burst, but if they go on a Streak, they should use the speed burst.

what u guys think?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »