Home

Madden diehard.... no more

This is a discussion on Madden diehard.... no more within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2004, 04:25 PM   #17
Rookie

squaremarker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden diehard.... no more

Quote:

MVPlaya said:
Quote:

squaremarker said:
Quote:

yoyoctw said:
Quote:

squaremarker said:
I just reserved my copy of ESPN NFL2k5 at my local gamestop. The guy asks me why I am not reserving Madden this year and I told him I didn't have 4 hours of time. He then told me how much better Madden was than ESPN and why I should buy Madden. Then 3 other people in the store who were kind of into this conversation about football games all chuckled and just said, "good luck this year," to the store clerk and we all left with our nice reservations

I don't get it... so basically 3 other people that were in the store reserved ESPN also while he was pushign Madden? What did this guy do??

And what did they mean by "good luck this year." As in, good luck selling his game when the other game is less than half the price?

No, they just meant good luck with Madden this year. You know, same thing except a stupid new gimmick and minor tweaks. The way I see it, players now bitch about stuff, you have to use a clunkly R stick to make a cool tackle, and some guy hosts a repeative radio show. Watch out now, Madden rules... NOT. VIP / MAX Tackling / Vid Highlights / Kiper's Draft / Online leagues / right stick jukes / gamecast / improved 1st person / evade button Hmmm... innovation .vs. repetition.... i think I'll choose innovation this year.

You make it seem something its not, you are an obvious biased ESPN fan.

MAX Tackling - Hit Stick basically the same concept...yet you still give ESPN the greater edge for no reason.

Players don't bitch about stuff in real life? Hmmm...Terrell Owens.

Like I said, you're just a biased ESPN fan, nothing better than a biased Madden fan.

With the hit stick you have to move your figure off something like speed burst where ESPN made it nice with the same button. Theres my reason....

In all honestly, who wants to play a game when you have players bitching about stuff. Oh no, TO won't play good this week cuz he isn't happy... yea thats cool. And does that also mean you will have to make sure to give the cry baby his amount of touches during the game? I don't want to be keeping track of how many times I have to throw or handoff to someone.... nice concept, no thought put into it.

In order to be an biased ESPN fan, I need to have owned ESPN once in my lifetime or another... right? Last time I checked, I have invested in Madden for about 6 years.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

both games are gonna be real good but for 20 bones i gotta go with espn. Im in college i can use thos 30 extra dollars gfor some food or something
Old 06-25-2004, 01:41 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:

Briankingsfan said:

Ahh, but this is the ESPN board! I'm not biased toward ESPN. I've never even played it. This is why I'm switching: Madden is played out. Period. It (Madden) is as close to looking like a "real" football game as it has been for the last 4 years.

That's not really meant to be a slam. The basic gameplay engine is 4 years old. All they do is tweak the AI to have a more balanced Offense vs. Defense game. There are so many guys who are " peep the awesome francise mode." The basic game isn't that good or true to football. The other stuff is fluff. Who wants to play 120 years of running the same old trick plays. They may have tweaked it; they need to re-write it. From the ground up. ESPN looks more like an NFL game to me. My two cents......

I wasn't talkin to you man don't trip...lol. But they aren't going to rewrite it until the "next generation" systems come out...and it keeps those 4 million fans happy, so I'm not sure they need to worry NOW.

squaremarker, listen to what wwharton said. You make Madden's "fluff" seem pointless but ESPN's seem like the biggest thing in the world.

You don't need to have owned the game to be biased fan...I can just go off and say some random game is the best game ever and everythin else sucks, and I could have never even played that game before. All you gotta do is go off-screen shots and information thats given about the game, and you can easily turn into a biased fan.

Who wants to play a game where a player bitches? You swear you make it seem like thats the only thing that was put in the game.

Quote:

In all honestly, who wants to play a game when you have players bitching about stuff. Oh no, TO won't play good this week cuz he isn't happy... yea thats cool. And does that also mean you will have to make sure to give the cry baby his amount of touches during the game? I don't want to be keeping track of how many times I have to throw or handoff to someone.... nice concept, no thought put into it.

No thought? You don't want to keep track of how many times you throw to someone? I'm not sure if a sim-like game is for you. Sounds like you need to play some blitz. And you seem to be a bit lazy, so I'm not sure you will like the weekly prep for ESPN, because that stuff is a lot more complicated and in-depth than keeping track of how many times you throw to a player. I would keep track even if the feature wasn't there, do you even know how to manage a team?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:00 AM   #20
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

squaremarker said:
Quote:

yoyoctw said:
Quote:

squaremarker said:
I just reserved my copy of ESPN NFL2k5 at my local gamestop. The guy asks me why I am not reserving Madden this year and I told him I didn't have 4 hours of time. He then told me how much better Madden was than ESPN and why I should buy Madden. Then 3 other people in the store who were kind of into this conversation about football games all chuckled and just said, "good luck this year," to the store clerk and we all left with our nice reservations

I don't get it... so basically 3 other people that were in the store reserved ESPN also while he was pushign Madden? What did this guy do??

And what did they mean by "good luck this year." As in, good luck selling his game when the other game is less than half the price?

No, they just meant good luck with Madden this year. You know, same thing except a stupid new gimmick and minor tweaks. The way I see it, players now bitch about stuff, you have to use a clunkly R stick to make a cool tackle, and some guy hosts a repeative radio show. Watch out now, Madden rules... NOT. VIP / MAX Tackling / Vid Highlights / Kiper's Draft / Online leagues / right stick jukes / gamecast / improved 1st person / evade button Hmmm... innovation .vs. repetition.... i think I'll choose innovation this year.

No of course your not biased, you only resorted to name calling 1 time.... ladies and gentlemen give this crusader a hand.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:39 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

why not just buy both like me? play both and see which is best. last year i started with madden, played espn and went back to madden. as most should agree the franchise was [censored] in espn last year. the draft was a joke. so for guys who like franchises the game was crap. I played a few seasons in espn but went back to madden to build a dynasty. espn had a far superior presentation.

but it is funny that so many people on each site bash the other game. it is great that these two companies are now competing. it is a little strange why one would reduce the price to that low. if someone can afford a 200 dollar xbox they can spend an extra 30 bucks on a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »