Home

ESPN : Will it live up to the hype?

This is a discussion on ESPN : Will it live up to the hype? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2004, 11:20 AM   #25
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: ESPN : Will it live up to the hype?

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey Dookie,

After reading the post about the complete lack of Draft Day and Playoff Atmosphere, I am ready to say 'NO!', this game will not live up to the hype. After finding out that VC cheated us out of these two very important aspects of the game, my excitement for this game has fallen into the grave.

I wonder if NFL Fever 2006 will have Playoff Atmosphere?

Looking for the Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson SB halftime show in '05?

My bet is that they are saving that and in-game saves for '06. Just a guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 11:23 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

FootballForever said:
Dark_Lord_Vader, im waiting for you to say that your joking, because if you ain't your out of your mind IMO. I thought you would be happy about what we are seeing from ESPN. Plus ESPN is the ONLY game out there with Playoff Atmosphere thats evev noticed, what when you get to the Super Bowl this year in the game.

I am not joking. The Playoffs do not BEGIN with the Super Bowl. They begin with the gun shot at the end of the last regular season game. Was the Super Bowl well done last year? Absolutely. Did the Playoff Games look, sound, play or FEEL any different than a meaningless Regular Season Game? No.

Besides seeing the little logo on the field that says 'PLAYOFFS' and hearing Dan and Peter mention at the beginning of the game, 'Welcome to the [blank] Championship Game', name at least three things about the presentation of the Playoffs that make it feel more exciting than a Regualr Season Game.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:26 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:

Skyboxer said: Gotcha and I agree. I still feel though however that SEGA has done a great job listening to the gamers and updating their game steadily. Just not so much in the draft area...

Yes. Overall Sega has done a good job steadily improving their game. I am just aching for huge improvements to what I hold dear in this game–namely the Draft and the Playoffs.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:40 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:Looking for the Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson SB halftime show in '05?

That was funny…and a little disgusting. Did you see that shriveled, grey, wrinkly, crusty thing? Talk about disgusting!

Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:My bet is that they are saving that and in-game saves for '06. Just a guess.

Yah, but be honest. Aren't you just sick and tired of getting your hopes up year after year and then getting slammed year after year?
Old 06-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #29

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

DLV,

I think the term cheated is a little harsh. The presentation (appears) to be light years ahead of last year.

I understand your comments about the atmosphere but lets see what its like when we actually get the game.

Look at the 'competition', the home crowd cheers when the visiting team scores a TD...thats bad presentation and atmosphere.

As for the draft, i think the addition of Mel Kiper Jr. is a huge step forward...something to build on.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:07 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
DLV,

I think the term cheated is a little harsh. The presentation (appears) to be light years ahead of last year.

OK. I will go along with that. Maybe it was a little harsh.

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:

I understand your comments about the atmosphere but lets see what its like when we actually get the game.

OK. I just had it in my head that when I read the Q&A Presentation Interview I was going to be satisfied by hearing something like:

Q: Will NFL2kers get a true Playoff Presentation, Atmosphere and Post-Game celebrations this year?

A: Absolutely! NFL2kers are going to be blown out of their seat with Playoff-specific commentary from Peter and Dan, a new Pre-Game presentation that is different than the Regular Season and even a Post-Game Celebration cut-scene really accentuating both the winners and the losers of the big game! Just wait NFL2kers! You won't be disappointed!

Instead, we get:

A: There are overlays for the Playoffs.

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
Look at the 'competition', the home crowd cheers when the visiting team scores a TD...thats bad presentation and atmosphere.

Not to be rude, but I could give a sh!t about the competition. I am interested in improvements to MY game.

Quote:

ChicagoChris said:
As for the draft, i think the addition of Mel Kiper Jr. is a huge step forward...something to build on.

It's an AUDIO step in the right direction. I want a VISUAL step in the right direction. NFL2k3 did this by introducing the Draft inside MSG. 2k4 got lazy and made it worse. 2k5 just added commentary. I will give it a shot though.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:37 PM   #31
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

this game is gonna rock, way more than Fatman could ever do, but truthfully, the way anyone builds up anything, we are always disappointed, for we in our own minds, wish to add little tweaks here and there to perfect our game. So no it won't live up to its hype we build for it, but it is definitely gonna rock our mofo worlds, and will be the best video football game ever, sorry Tecmo Bowl, I went and played that yesterday, I liked it better than Madden 2004 though , but no ESPN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 02:08 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Dookie, of course man!! And for the price tag it can't be beat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »