Home

Three things that need to be fixed that no one has answered

This is a discussion on Three things that need to be fixed that no one has answered within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2004, 12:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Three things that need to be fixed that no one has answered

1. Bonehead AI. It would often not try a 45 FG and instead go for it on 4th and 10.
2. Stats were completely insane last year. Linebackers had 25 tackles plus in games.
3. Can we please play any game we want in franchise mode? If I am the Giants, and they are out of it by week 13, I want to be able to play the big Eagles v. Cowboys game in week 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Three things that need to be fixed that no one has answered

Quote:

nylawyer said:
1. Bonehead AI. It would often not try a 45 FG and instead go for it on 4th and 10.
2. Stats were completely insane last year. Linebackers had 25 tackles plus in games.
3. Can we please play any game we want in franchise mode? If I am the Giants, and they are out of it by week 13, I want to be able to play the big Eagles v. Cowboys game in week 13.

Unless my knowledge is wrong, the only one of those unanswered is #3. I believe someone has said that CPU will kick longer field goals based on the coach's VIP profile (#1), and simmed stats appear to be toned down in some screenshots (#2).
Old 06-25-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

why would you want to play any game in a franchise? So people can jus go f up other teams so their team makes the playoffs?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:25 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
why would you want to play any game in a franchise? So people can jus go f up other teams so their team makes the playoffs?

Yes along with that is it possible to just quit a game. sometimes i dont want to simulate to the end i want to start all over and without reseting the game
Old 06-25-2004, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:

The way I feel is why not let the gamer do what they want in the offline aspect of the game. They paid for it, let play it the way the want to. However, to the original poster, you can play any game in franchise. Just select all the teams at franchise start up. Then, let the cpu handle GM duties for teams you don't wish to control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 01:32 PM   #6
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

feeq14 said:
Quote:

SportsK1NG said:

Yes along with that is it possible to just quit a game. sometimes i dont want to simulate to the end i want to start all over and without reseting the game

I thought y'all ESPN gamers like simulation, and the thing I hate most about people who quit games they play coz they are losing, you cant do that shiznit in real life can you, coz last time I checked it wasnt possible. Play the game out the way it is supposed to be played out, if you lose, oh well, you can always win next week!
Old 06-25-2004, 02:04 PM   #7
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

ronnyballgame said:
Quote:

feeq14 said:
Quote:

SportsK1NG said:

I thought y'all ESPN gamers like simulation, and the thing I hate most about people who quit games they play coz they are losing, you cant do that shiznit in real life can you, coz last time I checked it wasnt possible. Play the game out the way it is supposed to be played out, if you lose, oh well, you can always win next week!

Well, they paid for it themselves so who's to say how they should play their game? I'd frown upon that if it was online though.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Leon said:
Well, they paid for it themselves so who's to say how they should play their game? I'd frown upon that if it was online though.

I agree! However, in game saves are that big of a deal for me. I'll just pause it and leave my xbox on until I can get back to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »