Home

Playing online with Linebackers

This is a discussion on Playing online with Linebackers within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2004, 02:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Playing online with Linebackers

I play safety and it really helps with the run support. The only positions I'll play is LB or S. I feel like I actually make a difference on defense with them. It's easier to adapt to what people are doing. If someone is bombing it to 1 WR, I can double him. If someone is scrambling, I can spy him (this is more suited for LB though). If they're running all the time, I'll bring my safety down for the run support.

I wouldn't say playing DL is ineffective though. I actually think it's too effective. Once people learn how to abuse the Tackle's AI... watch out. Basically controlling the DL is overpowered vs the pass but poor against the run... and since most people run, I would rather be a LB or Safety.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Ya'll have no clue whats so ever. I will start a thread to how its done. Here's a hint to one part never switch guys on D.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:55 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Jon22 said:
Ya'll have no clue whats so ever. I will start a thread to how its done. Here's a hint to one part never switch guys on D.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

schel said:
I wouldn't say playing DL is ineffective though. I actually think it's too effective. Once people learn how to abuse the Tackle's AI... watch out. Basically controlling the DL is overpowered vs the pass but poor against the run... and since most people run, I would rather be a LB or Safety.

I agree completely. Most of the time when I play someone who plays DE, they get way more pressure than usual. It's like they are blitzing without sending anyone else in. It is too effective. I hope that's changed next year.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:35 PM   #13
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I wish they had a camera angle for the defense side of the ball
Old 07-05-2004, 04:36 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

schel said:

I agree completely. Most of the time when I play someone who plays DE, they get way more pressure than usual. It's like they are blitzing without sending anyone else in. It is too effective. I hope that's changed next year.

I think that playing with a good defensive tackle to too easy. You use the power move and either you get to the qb or draw a holding call when the lineman takes your guy down.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:41 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I always smile when my opponent only plays on the dline. I might as well be playing the cpu. If you try to get your passes off in the proper allotted time, beating someone that plays mostly dline is very easy. In short playing as an LB or S is the only way you'll really have better control of your D, be it pass or run. This is less true against the CPU as you can have fun on the line a bit but aginst a human that plays the game right you're just shooting yourself in the foot. You may get a sack or 2 but all the running and passing yards you'll give up for it isn't worth it.

Also keep in mind the psychology of it. People pay attention to the person you're controlling more than the CPU defenders. This often means they'll be more cautious throwing to the area of the guy you're controlling if you're a LB or S (or CB even). They'll often be less likely to run right at you as well. Most importantly, many players wait too long to throw their passes. If you're controlling a Dlineman they'll get nervous and want to get the pass off quicker which actually is good for them so many times you're HELPING them by playing as a lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2004, 06:29 PM   #16
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

schel said:

Theres one part just use the DE you don't have to switch guys. Cause they have enough speed to get to them even after shrugging off blockers. Let the cpu do the rest and just bring in your guy if they don't get it done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »