Home

TRIBUTE!!!

This is a discussion on TRIBUTE!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
TRIBUTE!!!

Hey guys, I just finished playing NFL 2K2, 2K3, and 2K4 back to back for XBOX! Man, its crazy to see how far we have come!! I was going to play the DREAMCAST ones(rest in peace), but I didn't feel like hooking it up. Man 2K2 was just bare bones! The game was so fast and wacky moving! The player models were so tall and lanky! You couldn't tell me that back in the day! haha! It had hardly any kind of presentation punch!

2K3 got better! It is probably what 2K2 should have been! The player models are improved and so are the animations. The ESPN presentation starts to creep into the series, but very subtle. This plays a good game of football! Like I said earlier, this is probably what Visual Concepts wanted 2K2 to be, but they only had 6 months to make 2k2!

2K4 was the real deal like most of you know! VC went all out with this game! Every niddy gritty thing about this game was greatly improved over its prequels! The first thing I noticed was the grass...wow! Then the vastly imroved player models and animations! This blew away 2K2 and 2K3! I now see why VC went with the Madden style box plays! Before the game came out I was kinda upset that they did this, but now I cant go back! The comentary and everything greatly improved! The presentation compared to 2K2 and 2K3 is leagues better! No contest!!!!

Can you guys just imagine that 2K5 will blow the doors off of 2K4 like 2K4 did to 2K2 and 2K3?!!! Boys....Men....My fellow 2Kers....We are in for a treat in a few more days! All hail Visual Concepts!-Mr. Unstoppable-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 09:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: TRIBUTE!!!

When i first played NFL 2k on Dreamcast - man i still remember the day i got home with it and popped it in my DC. I was STUNNED by the graphics and at the time, solid gameplay. They really have been building NFL/ESPN nicely each year from that point on til our present day and honestly they've done a super job.

Old 07-14-2004, 10:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

Moegames said:
When i first played NFL 2k on Dreamcast - man i still remember the day i got home with it and popped it in my DC. I was STUNNED by the graphics and at the time, solid gameplay. They really have been building NFL/ESPN nicely each year from that point on til our present day and honestly they've done a super job.

Old 07-14-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Man,...I thought that 2k2 really sucked,...LOL,..it was so fast and acrade like,..and all the players looked like Herman Monster!!--LOL!!

2k3 was good,..it was still a little acradey,..the player models looked 10 times better than 2k2,..The things I hated about 2k3 was that you could not get a sack and tons of dropped passes!!

2k4 WAS THE BOMB,...best football game EVER!!!..I never get tired of playing it!!
Old 07-14-2004, 10:30 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

Moegames said:

Hell yeah, when I first played that game I was in utter shock at how good the game looked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 10:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Am i the only one who thought of Tenacious D when i saw this title? "Nay, we are but men, rock!"

Anyway, yeaa, its crazy to see the way these videogames evolve. Imagine what ESPN 2k7 is gonna be like
Old 07-15-2004, 12:06 AM   #7
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

As a consumer all I ask is for from makers of the games I play is to fix the issues, don't take away the good, and throw in 2-3 new things that add to the game itself.

If you do that, you deserve my money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »