Home

Game Informer Declares ESPN the Better Game

This is a discussion on Game Informer Declares ESPN the Better Game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #49
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Game Informer Declares ESPN the Better Game

I mean i dont really know about arguing which is better it's a preference, but there are two things i am adamantly looking forward too...
1) A real running game this year. Last year i had so much fun with 2k4, until i went online and played against someone who was using the Falcons. Warrick Dunn (5'8" 178 lbs. I think) was running all around, in and through me. It was as if he (Warrick) got the contact at Balco Giambi has (sorry bitter Mets Fan speak), started working out; then after working out, watched film of Earl Campbell. As of that day i found a problem with the old system. If it is fixed...Glory be it'll be great.

2) Custom dances...i am soooo happy that there doing this...everyone is juiced about the Sapp dance, but as for me...u can expect to see the Dirty Bird in FULL EFFECT on every touchdown i score.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:07 AM   #50
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

morro316 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
As a Franchise nut I must say...Both games are looking pretty dam good on the Franchise Mode Front. I wish I could get a hybrid of the two...then I'd have

-weekly prep with REAL assistant Coaches/Coordinators

-Players complaining about not getting enough reps in practice during the week...

-AND that would of course lead to Position Battles during the week between games

-Kiper would be breaking down the "Real" rookies I imported from NCAA 2005

-I'd have Newspapers, a Radio show AND Sportscenter to get all the League info I could possibly want

-Coaches with VIPs would get fired/hired/promoted/ demoted so the League would be ever-changing around me and so would the gameplay experiences on the field

-If I Felt like it I could renovate my stadium and training facilities to keep Fans in the seats and Boost team Morale ...improving performance on gameday. Hel, I could even relocate.

-I'd have Dan and Peter for regular games and AL/John for MNF which would help keep their commentary fresher (if possible )

-I'd Have awesome looking players cards that tracked not only stats...but the AWARDS the players have won throughout their careers

-Ability to trade up and down during the draft

-I'd have deep stat sorting that not only tracked league leaders but the Conference and Division Leaders as well

Man I could go on but like others have said in regards to which Franchise Mode is better....can't say until Ive actually played the games and spent time with all these new features.

And you'd never need to buy another NFL game again as it'd sell so many copies, that people could just do Roster Updates for years! Hence why we'll never see the 'perfect' sports game

Oh best believe I know that already. Besides We'd never see the perfect game. period ...regardless if the devs try to "withhold" to boost sales the following yr or if they go all out...because theres STILL and Always will be room for improvements. Plus, ya never know...with the way devs borrow and improve upon current innovations...some things on my list above MIGHT not seem all that far-fetched in 2-3yrs.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:11 AM   #51
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

maddenps2 said:
I find these forums so funny, gamepro reviews both and it says some things you guys didn't like and it's the worst most biased magazine ever. Game informer tells you what you want, it's plastered all over and glorified and praised.

First, as I said in my post, I don't trust ANY of them.

Secondly, this thread got hot because that review seemed to provoke another into bashing a game without cause.

Third, the link was posted, but there wasn't much feedback on the review. As a matter of fact, look at the second post! 120 views without a single reply? Yeah, it's that's being "plastered, praised, and glorified".

You should post that in this thread:

http://forums.operationsports.com/ubbthr...;o=&fpart=1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Moegames said:
Dude..are you that confused? lol There isnt nothing wrong with saying what game you think is better, whats wrong is when Madden knuckleheads come into a ESPN forum and toss out jibberish just to stir up trouble or cant accept that fact that their might be a better game then Madden this year. Its no diffrent then me going to Madden forums and starting trouble...is this to far above your head to understand?

All I saw was you bashing him for giving his opinion without playing the game, and then you go and turn around and claim that ESPN is better without playing.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:43 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

ZXLT said:
I don't trust Game Informer's reviews at all, so this means nothing to me, even though they did prefer ESPN.

I have to second that nomination.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:53 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

myownsun said:make sure you watch all the movies especially the one on player personality

OK, I went to the link and those videos are very impressive. I love the newspaper headlines for all the teams and how the headlines and comments reflect what is going on with your Franchise. The radio program is very cool too.

I have been saying for the past two years that Sega should give us an email that plays more like a role playing game. You know, where we are presented with choices to make throughout the week, regarding players, their performance, their attitudes and even your coaching staffs decisions. Example:

Email from your Defensive Coordinator

Subject: Problems with McAlister

Message: Coach, I had a discussion with McAlister last Tuesday regarding his blown coverages that cost us the game last week. I want him to study more film in preparation for this week. He does not seem to be very receptive to my authority right now. I need your help because we need him to be sharp for the Playoffs in two weeks.

Select One

Option #1: Tell McAlister to do exactly as he is told by the Defensive Coordinator or he will be fined $5,000 and sit out a game.

Option#2: Tell your Defensive Coordinator to relax and let the situation play out.

Option#3: Call both your Defensive Coordinator and McAlister in for a three-person meeting to resolve the problem.

All the decisions you make now effect your team's performance on the field.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:14 PM   #55
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Quote:

myownsun said:make sure you watch all the movies especially the one on player personality

OK, I went to the link and those videos are very impressive. I love the newspaper headlines for all the teams and how the headlines and comments reflect what is going on with your Franchise. The radio program is very cool too.

I have been saying for the past two years that Sega should give us an email that plays more like a role playing game. You know, where we are presented with choices to make throughout the week, regarding players, their performance, their attitudes and even your coaching staffs decisions. Example:

Email from your Defensive Coordinator

Subject: Problems with McAlister

Message: Coach, I had a discussion with McAlister last Tuesday regarding his blown coverages that cost us the game last week. I want him to study more film in preparation for this week. He does not seem to be very receptive to my authority right now. I need your help because we need him to be sharp for the Playoffs in two weeks.

Select One

Option #1: Tell McAlister to do exactly as he is told by the Defensive Coordinator or he will be fined $5,000 and sit out a game.

Option#2: Tell your Defensive Coordinator to relax and let the situation play out.

Option#3: Call both your Defensive Coordinator and McAlister in for a three-person meeting to resolve the problem.

All the decisions you make now effect your team's performance on the field.

Hey Darth!

College Hoops has an interactive emails system you use for Recruiting and Head Coaching Job Search purposes....where you have a choice of different replies you want to send. I thought VC would follow suit with the same type of system in nfl2k5 as it regards Weekly prep but I guess there wasn't enough time.

When I submitted the weekly practice idea last june it included a "Talk With" feature where you could speak with a particular assistant coah at the end of the week and he'd provide some detailed analysis of what went down with their respective units during the week...what kind of progress a player made, any injury progression they noticed or depth chart changes they suggest.

I also sent an idea for more intercative emails as it pertains to the Head Coach's interaction with the Owner...

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~nfl2kx/...&postcount=108

Theres some free agency stuff in that idea as well I think Madden would likely have those features before nfl2k since they already have the coaching staffs in place. We'll see how it turns out next yr though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 02:14 PM   #56
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

SEGA should be sending me my check for purchasing and playing their game any day now!!!!! Sweet!!!
I told you that ESPN was the better game!

Oh wait a minute.... I don't get a check for playing and pimping their game...Crap!
Heck I guess I'll just get what I enjoy playing and move on with my life....
I really hope though that I continue to have choices on what to get as having only one game to choose from would suck....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »