Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04)

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 11:04 AM   #17
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04)

u guys checkout the audio during the injury cutscene...trainers asking branch if he was alright..branch sayin "arrgg..it hurts"....then the trainers sayin "you're gonna be alright. let me help you up" as they helped him off the field. Its little stuff like that really add to the game. Good stuff, VC
Old 07-15-2004, 11:04 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

The running doesn't look as hard as it was in NFL2K on the DC (3 yards and a cloud of dust) but it looks harder than last years running game. Each year the tackling animations look better and better. I loved the injury cut-scene too. From the looks of these videos I'm glad I took Wednesday off.

Thanx for the videos Steve. Can I get some Bronco love in one of the future vidoes?
Old 07-15-2004, 11:11 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

ugh... cover 2 is still horrible. that one pass to shockey, mlb should've drop back more
edit: seems that was some weird stunt coverage, I don't use them much so I wouldn't be too mad. Hopefully standard cover2, the MLB drops to defend that pass across the middle better.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #20
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Steve_OS said:
http://www.operationsports.com/revie...spnnfl2005xbox

Enjoy. You can see from the slider adjusments I've made, the CPU is finding some holes better and getting better results. I'm still tweaking, but it's a WHOLE lot better than the defaults. No questions please. Just make your comments about the clips.

looks fantastic!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:15 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 6

it was an eagles linebacker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 11:18 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

azn_essence said:
ugh... cover 2 is still horrible. that one pass to shockey, mlb should've drop back more

your basing that off 1 play? wow
Old 07-15-2004, 11:18 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Chiefs vs. Chargers Video Reaction

Well, it looks like the weather effects have not been improved this year. The fog effect looks nice but the snow looks the same as last year. It still falls like a mild case of dandruff instead of the blizzard like we wanted to see for some time now. The snow also disappears before it actually hits the field. No wind changing direction and blowing the snow in random directions. I also noticed that nobody was slipping on the field because of the snowy conditions. The footprints are not made by the players, and the snow on the field still looks flat. There is no 3-D accumulation on the field as it is falling. No snow is projected into the air when somebody gets tackled either. This is a bummer. It is also one of those things that we probably had to sacrifice in order to get the game this early.

One thing that looked nice in this clip was the fact that there did not appear to be the 'Turn around to catch the ball and break your momentum' animation on screen or HB curl-out plays. That was frustrating as hell in 2k4 where my HB should have just kept running, caught the ball over his shoulder and then be able to run for another 7 to 10 yards. Instead, he would always turn around for the ball, slipping into an animation that slows him down, and then by the time he turns around to head upfield, the LB has caught up to him and nails his [censored].
Old 07-15-2004, 11:20 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks Steve, everything looks great. Can hardly wait to get my hands on 2K5. You da Man!!!!!
This game is looking very, very, very, very.........GOOD!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »