Home

Can you imagine 2k9?

This is a discussion on Can you imagine 2k9? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 02:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Can you imagine 2k9?

I still can't imagine what 2K5 will look like running on my TV and XBOX.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 02:42 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

schel said:Ok, this geeky programmer should stop talking

Not at all schel!! Preach to us, my NFL2k brethren!! HALLELUJAH!! AMEN!!

Love your vision of independent, dynamic animations. That IS going to be amazing!! Of course you would still have to have SOME scripted animations, like running, players set at the LOS before the snap and the kickoff and punting animations. Other than these, that would be SO SWEET to not see a single repeat animation during gameplay. I would also like to see (and hear) the commentary take on the no-repeat abilities too. Maybe have some sort of pitch, speed and tonal variance engine in the announcer's voice throughout the game so not a single word sounds exactly the same!

Woo! Woo! Dreaming LARGE now fellas!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 03:04 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Quote:

schel said:Ok, this geeky programmer should stop talking

Not at all schel!! Preach to us, my NFL2k brethren!! HALLELUJAH!! AMEN!!

Love your vision of independent, dynamic animations. That IS going to be amazing!! Of course you would still have to have SOME scripted animations, like running, players set at the LOS before the snap and the kickoff and punting animations. Other than these, that would be SO SWEET to not see a single repeat animation during gameplay. I would also like to see (and hear) the commentary take on the no-repeat abilities too. Maybe have some sort of pitch, speed and tonal variance engine in the announcer's voice throughout the game so not a single word sounds exactly the same!

Woo! Woo! Dreaming LARGE now fellas!!!!

Digital announcers. AI that can formulate unique commentary based on what's going on down on the field. Ok, I think I went too far

How about a minigame within the game where drunk fans will be able to run onto the field and you have to chase him with your linebacker and take him down. You get bonus points for a big hit... ok, so I'm already out of ideas...

I'm just really interested in AI. So many possibilities right there.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:01 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was thinking why can't they just put out a "voice pack download" that in the middle of the season or maybe every week you can download new calls, new stories, new anecdotes, etc. Hell, maybe you could even download different sets of announcers....thought?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:06 PM   #29
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:

1) Voice-Activated Play Calling. You put on your headset, (Defense for example.) and then just say, 'Dime, Cover 2, Flip Play'.

3) Create Yourself Feature. With the X-Cam that made its premiere as an Xbox Next peripheral in 2007, NFL2kers can still scan in their own face and put themselves on the field

These will likely happen before 2k9....especially voice playcalling. That's something I personally requested as an addition to 2k5 and an enhancement to fpf.

BTW...11-on-11 (or at least 7-on-7) FPF ONline...that's definitely somethin to expect by nfl2k9.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #30
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:

1) Voice-Activated Play Calling. You put on your headset, (Defense for example.) and then just say, 'Dime, Cover 2, Flip Play'.

3) Create Yourself Feature. With the X-Cam that made its premiere as an Xbox Next peripheral in 2007, NFL2kers can still scan in their own face and put themselves on the field

These will likely happen before 2k9....especially voice playcalling. That's something I personally requested as an addition to 2k5 and an enhancement to fpf.

BTW...11-on-11 (or at least 7-on-7) FPF ONline...that's definitely somethin to expect by nfl2k9.

I like the 11 on 11 online mode, but I'd much rather have it in 3rd person.

Now for my idea:
Completely physics based contact: No more pre-canned tacking/broken tackle animations. Every hit you see will be determined by the momentum of the tackler in comparison to the momentum of the ball carrier as well as the angle and power of the hit (determined by individual player ratings). Look what Fight Night 2004 has done with it's knockdown physics engine. Just imagine that incorporated into NFL 2K9...
Old 07-20-2004, 04:56 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Real time weather with changing conditions--sun to clouds/rain to storm or snow
puddles, accumulating snow --rallisport2 effects

ultra realistic sound effects, stadium sounds

huge pile-ups and tussles

multiple angle hits and FLUID motion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 05:15 PM   #32
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:

I like the 11 on 11 online mode, but I'd much rather have it in 3rd person.

Now for my idea:
Completely physics based contact: No more pre-canned tacking/broken tackle animations. Every hit you see will be determined by the momentum of the tackler in comparison to the momentum of the ball carrier as well as the angle and power of the hit (determined by individual player ratings). Look what Fight Night 2004 has done with it's knockdown physics engine. Just imagine that incorporated into NFL 2K9...

3rd person/1st person...doesn't matter it'll be an option to choose between the 2 anyway.

as for the ragdoll physics... that's possible by 2k9 (maybe even before) and has been requested quite few guys ....madden and nfl2k fans alike... But it'll look different because this is a football sim...it'll mainly be head and hip movements. Mo Cap should be even more advanced by then as well so we'll see the Huge pile ups at the goaline and short yardage situations.. 4-5 guys bringin down the ballcarrier.

I'd like to see the defenders hittin other defenders as they attempt to tackle the ballcarrier as well...happens all the time IRL. In fact, on a whole, I'd say defensive players deliver more punishment to each other than they do the offense.

I'd also like to see wrs ducking under potential big hits ...tackles that could decapitate em. Jerry Rice and Tim Brown are masters at this which is why there'll still playing. It'll be Something like a "wr evade" I guess

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »