Home

Why can't team wear their home jersey's on the road?

This is a discussion on Why can't team wear their home jersey's on the road? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why can\'t team wear their home jersey\'s on the road?

Is there a way to fix this? If you choose the eagles to wear white jerseys with green pants as the home team, and you're the cowboys, you can't wear your blue jersey's and silver pants. Is there a way to fix this? It's seems pointless to have 7 jersey combinations if you can't choose the most basic ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 09:18 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Why can\'t team wear their home jersey\'s on the road?

I never noticed this. The Falcons have 7 or so jerseys and I can wear what ever one I want.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:27 PM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

This is one area where Sega has really outsmarted themselves. In 2k4 (I don't have 2k5 yet, but I am guessing it is the same) each team had a default dark jerseyed uni (Home in most cases), a default away uni and a couple alternates and retros. If you were playing at home, you could were the home, alt or retros, but not the away. So you can't use white at home for many teams such as Washington and Miami that often where white at home.

If your team has an alternate uni with a white jersey, you can wear that and have the visitors in a white jersey as well.....this makes no sense.

Oddly, Sega knows that the Redskins like to make the Cowboys wear blue. Set up a game with the Skins at home, and as you scroll through the opponents, notice how Washington turns to white jersey agaist the Boys and then back to red for everyone else.

They need to simplify things like EA does. The home team can where any uniform they have, and the visitors can wear any of their gear with a white/dark jersey that contacts with the home team.

I have and enjoy many Sega games, but they seem to screw up the simple stuff quite a bit. In NCAA hoops, if you play Michigan at Iowa, you have two teams in all yellow battling it out....what a mess.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:25 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:

Cardot said:
Oddly, Sega knows that the Redskins like to make the Cowboys wear blue. Set up a game with the Skins at home, and as you scroll through the opponents, notice how Washington turns to white jersey agaist the Boys and then back to red for everyone else.

Also if you do cowboys at titans, it has the titans in white and the cowboys in blue. I wonder if there are any other team combinations to make the home team wear white.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

yeah i was wondering that too yesterday when i playing my boy but the crazy this is when we started the game my sideline had arizona color uniforms on we was buggin out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »