Home

WTF NO please NO!!

This is a discussion on WTF NO please NO!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #41
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WTF NO please NO!!

Quote:

Nocork4u said:
Ive been a long time OS member, though because of forgotten passwords Ive had about 5 different names. To see the thread "Ok, now Im mad" get locked and the man saying this has only been seen in 2 games really sickens me. There is an issue in this game, let the users know! I wouldnt want to put a damper on that perfect score you gave ESPN and make you guys look "not-so-smart" because infact the Trading AI is ridiculous. Go ahead ban me, im pissed off enough. To waste an hour simming through 5 preseason games because ludacris trades are being made is a complete waste of time. I will continue to play this game and with the help of the discussion possibly find a complete solution. But this cannot and willnot be the only NFL game I buy this year simply because its just not up to par.

Congratulations. You made yourself look BIG! You win a prize.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

FootballForever said:
This is football not basketball, thats why it bothers me, there are almost no trades in football and thats what it comes down to with me.

Start franchise, control all teams, turn injuries down, sim all games but yours, make major real-life NFL trades yourself...Problem endeth.

I will try this but if you turn injuries down won't we get an unrealistic amount of injuries?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

I honestly dont think this is a "glitch" by video game standards, I just think its a weakness in a very good game.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:58 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

BORING!!! What fun would that be??? Personally I like the fact the CPU trades. While there aren't many in the real NFL, franchise mode would be boring without any at all.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

HMcCoy said:

Start franchise, control all teams, turn injuries down, sim all games but yours, make major real-life NFL trades yourself...Problem endeth.

HMcCoy, do u have weekly prep on. If so, can u sim weekly prep for each team (except yours) without cpu player(team) ratings decreasing each week. I haven't messed around with franchise mode yet so i really dont know all about the weekly prep stuff, but i would like to use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 11:08 AM   #46
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

Just as a quick response to the problem. The hmccoy repsonse works equally as well as Madden considering they haven't had CPU trades in he past 2-3 years anyway. Me, personally I can live with some unrealistic trades, or I can live with no trades at all. The control all teams option I like anyway because on occasion I like to switch things up and play a team other than my normal franchise game anyway.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:09 AM   #47
Banned

TallTell's Arena

Quote:

Bbucsfan said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:

HMcCoy, do u have weekly prep on. If so, can u sim weekly prep for each team (except yours) without cpu player(team) ratings decreasing each week. I haven't messed around with franchise mode yet so i really dont know all about the weekly prep stuff, but i would like to use it.

The cpu doesn't use weekly prep anyway, so if he controls everyteam and only use weekly prep for the team he plays with, the other team's ratings will stay the same as normal. This is a great solution. I don't see what's the big deal. Personally, I won't do it, because I love all the trading. Sure it's unrealistic, but it keeps franchise fun to me.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #48
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Thats cool, but when I simmed a season and then watched the highlights from the sports desk with Chris Berman, Trey Wingo talked about a trade every freakin week,(Pre/Season week 2 NYG-Strahan for PHIL Owens, Now Thats some Bull) there is nothing anyone can say positive about that. Please don't say it doesn't bother half you guys, cause I know it does, I love this game alot but please don't try and protect an issue THAT IS really bad. I know there are ways around and Im glad because I want to start my franchise now, but keep in mind 3/4 minutes of simming weeks cause you have to controle evey team so the trades don't become an issue, is TOTALY and I mean TOTALY un called for . I still love this game but man

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »