Home

ESPN NFL 2k5 - Solutions to common problems thread

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2k5 - Solutions to common problems thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 11:53 PM   #17
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: ESPN NFL 2k5 - Solutions to common problems thread

Quote:

Rocky said:
Quote:

Gagnon39 said:
Am I the only one who is having problems doing the "check-and-see" method of eliminating stupid trades? Every time I see a dumb trade, I go back and start the simulation over again, only to see the same trade done again, and again, and again. It happens no matter how many time I reset the thing, this method does not work.

You have to look at the trading block. If a player is on the trading block and there is deal proposed for him, he is more than likely going to get traded. You must make sure that either: a)a untradable player does not get put on the trading block OR b)a unrealistic deal isn't proposed to the player on the trading block.

But won't the same thing happen? I figure that the same player will be placed on the trading block again and again no matter how many times I reset.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:55 PM   #18
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Gagnon39 said:
Quote:

Rocky said:
Quote:

Gagnon39 said:
Am I the only one who is having problems doing the "check-and-see" method of eliminating stupid trades? Every time I see a dumb trade, I go back and start the simulation over again, only to see the same trade done again, and again, and again. It happens no matter how many time I reset the thing, this method does not work.

You have to look at the trading block. If a player is on the trading block and there is deal proposed for him, he is more than likely going to get traded. You must make sure that either: a)a untradable player does not get put on the trading block OR b)a unrealistic deal isn't proposed to the player on the trading block.

But won't the same thing happen? I figure that the same player will be placed on the trading block again and again no matter how many times I reset.

Nope. See for yourself....
Old 07-24-2004, 12:30 AM   #19
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm going to have to check that out. I'd be very suprised if I could "reset" the trade block but I couldn't "reset" the trades themselves. I'm betting that there will come a situation, whether it be in Week 1 or Week 15 that I cannot escape...there will be a particular player placed on the trading block that will ALWAYS be places there and will ALWAYS be traded. I hope I'm wrong. I've been a Madden faithful for some time now but after playing ESPN this year the look of the game alone will not allow me to turn back. I'm determined to make this game work one way or the other this year.

Also, I know this has been posted before but is there any way SEGA would release any kind of patch for this? Sorry if its been answered previously.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:09 AM   #20
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

TRADE SOLUTION- CRAZY CPU TRADES

Hey Rocky good work !

especially if the check and see method doesn't work -Gagnon39 reported that you keep getting the same trades. Very smart to check the trading blocks.

and remember the tip for bye weeks

we are actually making progress on some issues here

everyone keep working on your solutions and post your good info
Old 07-24-2004, 04:21 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Check BillHarris44's thread to fix the trades. Turn off presason and weekly prep. Poof, no more trades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 11:53 AM   #22
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

TheBandit said:
Check BillHarris44's thread to fix the trades. Turn off presason and weekly prep. Poof, no more trades.

Yeah but nobody wants to turn them features off(I don't anyways).

Anyways, I've found to put the sim quarter length at 6 minutes the whole way through leads to the best results. Receivers get enough receiving stats and top rushers get over 1300 yards regularly.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:03 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wasn't a big deal for me. I'm still doing weekly prep though, haven't seen a big problem.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I turned off preseason (as I dont play them anyway plus a ton of injuries) and im keeping weekly prep on...with it off I didnt see to much of a diffrence in trades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »