Home

Trade AI solution, plus bonus!

This is a discussion on Trade AI solution, plus bonus! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2004, 11:45 AM   #9
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Trade AI solution, plus bonus!

How early in the season are people seeing these trades happen? I have played only 3 games, but I have not had a single trade by any team yet. Quite a few free agent signings though.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:47 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I am 4 weeks into the season and there has been 1 trade and it was 2 no name players. I have the weekly prep thing turned off (no sure if that has an effect or not). But what I do is I just save my franchise after I play my game, then I sim the rest of the week. If anything fishy goes down, I just re-sim. Problem solved.

People keep complaining all you want, there is a way around it if you want. Instead some of you just like crying over and over about it like a little kid. So use one of the solutions above or take the game back. Quit this "I shouldn't have to do this" "That is too much" "I don't have time" yadda yadda yadda
Old 07-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #11
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
I am 4 weeks into the season and there has been 1 trade and it was 2 no name players. I have the weekly prep thing turned off (no sure if that has an effect or not). But what I do is I just save my franchise after I play my game, then I sim the rest of the week. If anything fishy goes down, I just re-sim. Problem solved.

People keep complaining all you want, there is a way around it if you want. Instead some of you just like crying over and over about it like a little kid. So use one of the solutions above or take the game back. Quit this "I shouldn't have to do this" "That is too much" "I don't have time" yadda yadda yadda

A lot of people in this forum aren't happy unless they are complaining

I don't have weekly prep on either, so maybe there is something to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #12
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
The problem I see with this is two fold:

1) If you want to make trades using your actual team, then you are trading against your own logic since you control all other teams.
2) The offseason is a huge problem. I did try setting it up with all 32 teams under my control, and as far as I could tell if you set the offseason to manual for one team, it set it to manual for ALL teams. That means you can't do your own draft, free agency, etc...

Are u 100% sure of #2? It seems that it would ask you for each team (which for some would be a time consuming hassel, but others might enjoy the contol aspect). If it does automatical sim the offseason for ALL teams then the idea wouldn't work.

I was thinking about adding this to the ESPN NFL 2k5 - Solutions to common problems thread , but i don't want to add it if #2 is true because then IMO this would not be a valid solution(nobody wants to be forced to do all 32 teams or miss out on your own team). So are you Sure ? Otherwise It would be a very good alternative option for some who really wanted to turn trades off, don't mind extra management(pressing cpu finish offseason etc... 32 times) and like to have control of all teams .

you guys will want to check the thread http://forums.operationsports.com/ubbthr...;o=&fpart=1

it has a simple solution listed for this involving saving and checking, which allows trades but also virtually allows you to veto any league trades that you find hurt the franchise experience , and an important reminder if you choose to go that route. It also addresses some questions about weekly prep influencing the trade logic.

Also addresses the other major issues and offers possible solutions ,
and you may have some solutions of your own to add.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:08 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

This could fix the trades, but what about the draft. I just had a draft that saw 13 Offensive Tackles go in the first round, 8 DEs, and ther rest were qbs and HBs. and teams that drafted QBs already had qbs
Old 07-23-2004, 12:13 PM   #14
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I know you can make a deal with any team you want, even in the offseason with all the settings turned to the assistant coach. Just go to the team and make the signings, resignings, cuts, etc. About the draft, you could just draft the players yourself for all the teams or you could edit the rookies to make sure that QB's or WR's are taken in the first rounds.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:13 PM   #15
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

The only out of control trade I saw was the Dolphins trading Ricky Williams and Travis Minor to the Jets for DE Shaun Ellis, like I do not see the logic in this whatsoever. But everything else makes sense, the Eagles cut Corell Buckhalter, and then traded for Larry Johnson from Kansas City. The Ricky Williams one bothers me, but that is all, do you think this is a game killer. The way to fix it, when you still control your team, and let the computer control all of the other teams, or is it one or the other?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #16
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

Quote:

feeq14 said:
This could fix the trades, but what about the draft. I just had a draft that saw 13 Offensive Tackles go in the first round, 8 DEs, and ther rest were qbs and HBs. and teams that drafted QBs already had qbs

that sounds bad , maybe someone will think of something ?

can you still edit the draft class this year ? (just curious)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »