Home

How do you change a player's position?

This is a discussion on How do you change a player's position? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 04:08 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: How do you change a player\'s position?

I did somehow make a switch permanent, but I don't want it to be.

Okay, it was the 4th quarter, and I was just fooling around near the end because I had a huge lead, so I was going to fake punt for the last play. Well, considering Scifres (sp?) isn't a good passer, I put Flutie in just for the play. Unfortunately, I didn't complete the pass.

Anyways, now every time that I start a game, Flutie is my punter! And I always forget about this every game, so my first punt of the game is with Flutie, and I don't know how to make it a permanent switch back to Scifres.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:20 PM   #10
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I think it might be possible to put guys at different positions in the sub menu but not in the depth chart menu. I might be wrong though.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:30 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

Blzer said:
I did somehow make a switch permanent, but I don't want it to be.

Okay, it was the 4th quarter, and I was just fooling around near the end because I had a huge lead, so I was going to fake punt for the last play. Well, considering Scifres (sp?) isn't a good passer, I put Flutie in just for the play. Unfortunately, I didn't complete the pass.

Anyways, now every time that I start a game, Flutie is my punter! And I always forget about this every game, so my first punt of the game is with Flutie, and I don't know how to make it a permanent switch back to Scifres.

The sub screen is broken – both the in-game screen and the custom playbook sub screen. Players get stuck in positions and the game won’t allow you to change them. And last year it at least switched back to the default lineup with each new game, but it doesn’t do that either. Just don't use it or you'll permanently screw up your roster. I went through three rosters before discovering what the problem was. I mentioned it here a few days ago because I knew it was going to muck up a lot of people’s rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 07:36 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

When I want someone at a different position, I just replace them in my custom playbook/subs. Koppen went down w/ a bruised kidney and Paxton is rated like 50 or something. So I went into my subs and changed Hallen to be my center instead of my 3rd gaurd. Anyways, as a guard he was rated 76, as a center his rating was 81. Needless to say, during Koppen's absence, I wasn't missing a beat. =P
Old 07-27-2004, 08:19 PM   #13
*S r*s*d*nt s*ck *xp*rt

ps2baseball's Arena

OVR: 10

it is minor problems like this that may may 2k5 a 4 week rental for $20

they are stating to add up
Old 07-28-2004, 12:35 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try this. After the play succeeds or fails, switch your player back. If you're saving after the game is over, it's probably storing the info. I'm personally glad it does it because last year I had to sub my kicker in for kickoffs at the start of every game, your punter is the default kicker. This year I switched him and he's there for every game without me having to go in and sub him.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:57 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

MindTerrorist said:
Try this. After the play succeeds or fails, switch your player back. If you're saving after the game is over, it's probably storing the info. I'm personally glad it does it because last year I had to sub my kicker in for kickoffs at the start of every game, your punter is the default kicker. This year I switched him and he's there for every game without me having to go in and sub him.

I’ve tried everything, but some players are just stuck in certain positions. Even when I import a custom playbook with different players in those positions, the stuck player shows up. I also can’t sub in certain players without others shifting in or out of the formation. I used this feature a lot in last year’s game, and I’m pretty certain it’s a glitch and not me. So I just don’t sub players in, in-game, or it may mess up my roster for good. I personally believe it has to do with the new depth charts conflicting with the older-style sub screen layout. Last year, players in the sub screen showed up in a sequential order according to their rating. This year, if you go into LB’s or whatever in the sub screen, they’re all mixed up ratings-wise. I also think this is somehow affecting franchise issues where the wrong positional players are returning punts, etc. I simmed some seasons and noticed the depth charts were off – the lowest rated players stuck in the starters positions, for example.

And of course for offline players: you can copy a team’s playbook, (usually!) switch any player to any position – FS can play SS, switch K and P around etc. – and just use that playbook for games.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »