Home

Online issues or Thompson Drive issues or disk issues ? please help

This is a discussion on Online issues or Thompson Drive issues or disk issues ? please help within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2004, 05:05 PM   #1
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7
Online issues or Thompson Drive issues or disk issues ? please help

Ok keeps freezing after the 1st kickoff, the first time it seemed to unfreeze and I see the other guy had quit (remote user countdown) , 2nd time i try to play it freezes after kickoff and i get a dirty disk read error.

This is very annoying because altho my thompson drive seems to occasional have trouble reading a game when i first put in a disk , i have never had trouble online with other games...

It happened 2 games in a row now. (i was able to play a game the other day...)

anyone else getting hosed after the first kickoff w/ a freeze up and disk error message ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 05:13 PM   #2
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Online issues or Thompson Drive issues or disk issues ? please he

They are still having server issues right now. A fix is on it's way on the 30th.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm having some problems with the disc being read. It doesn't happen all the time but it is getting annoying and it's only with ESPN football. I believe I have the Thompson drive. I got had my Xbox when they first came out. I'm thinking about getting a newer one.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:20 PM   #4
Pro

Jeven316's Arena

OVR: 5

Why don't you just replace the Thompson drive to be safe? I called X-Box and they told me the Thompson drive is under warranty still. All I had to do was send in the X-box and pay for shipping. Small price to pay for a working X-Box.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

re: freezing online after first kickoff +disk error

see thats the point - i don't know how this could be a thompson issue (freezing online after first kickoff +disk error) but I am not ruling it out since the error message claims that it is disk failure related

I have a warranty for my xbox, but i figure i might as well wait until i go on vacation If the problems will be limited to when i first put a disk in and have to end up turning the xbox off and on until it finally reads the disk... This is the first time ive had consistent problems online.. like i said it worked the first time i went online a couple days ago , but today both times i tried = same problem.

so i am asking do other people have this problem? could it be the thompson drive , could it be the online server ? (and why the disk message) , its wierd because it was working fine for an hour of practice and roster messing around , but i went online and after the first kickoff- freeze..

Quote:

Jeven316 said:
Why don't you just replace the Thompson drive to be safe? I called X-Box and they told me the Thompson drive is under warranty still. All I had to do was send in the X-box and pay for shipping. Small price to pay for a working X-Box.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 08:11 PM   #6
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

Quote:

DXZeke said:
They are still having server issues right now. A fix is on it's way on the 30th.

do the issues include freeze ups ?

do you have a link ?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:45 PM   #7
Pro

Jeven316's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

so i am asking do other people have this problem? could it be the thompson drive , could it be the online server ? (and why the disk message) , its wierd because it was working fine for an hour of practice and roster messing around , but i went online and after the first kickoff- freeze..

I know that when I had the Thompson drive I used to get a dirty disk message all the time during any game I played and it was infact the Thompson drive causing this problem.I hope that helps. My brother also said he has played a few games online and has not experienced any problems as of yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »