Home

VC - Gameplay issues that need Addressing

This is a discussion on VC - Gameplay issues that need Addressing within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
VC - Gameplay issues that need Addressing

This is not a whine and moan session. Its to learn a few things about this game and to hope to make things better for next year and maybe some things this year. I think some problems with the game come from misunderstanding of how things work, and some from problems in the game itself. We wont know however if we don't ask questions or have someone to answer the questions.

1. If I am in a zone defense and audible to flip the play at the LOS, My defenders should not have to all run to the opposite side of the field. Is this by design ?

2. When I hot audible a DB to play Man on a WR, they sometime do not do it, they play what looks like man coverage....from 10 yards away from the guy they are suppose to be covering. Also, what determines if the DB will line up over the WR or stay where he is after you call the man to man hot audible ?

3. What determines when your D breaks the huddle, whether or not the CB will line up tight or loose on a WR ? I can call the same play 5 times and get mixed results each time. One or the other or both CB will change how they line up without any apparant rhyme or reason.

4. I have noticed in 3 deep zones the safty thats responsible for the middle of the field will spy the inside most WR on his side of the field. What I dont understand is he seems to spy that WR too long and will ignore a WR doing a post going right across his face.

5. Whats up with QB Spy ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: VC - Gameplay issues that need Addressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
This is not a whine and moan session. Its to learn a few things about this game and to hope to make things better for next year and maybe some things this year. I think some problems with the game come from misunderstanding of how things work, and some from problems in the game itself. We wont know however if we don't ask questions or have someone to answer the questions.

1. If I am in a zone defense and audible to flip the play at the LOS, My defenders should not have to all run to the opposite side of the field. Is this by design ?
That's kinda minor, but annoying. I could see if it was a nickel D, but if I have a Robber called and switch, why can't the other LB play the robber.

Quote:
2. When I hot audible a DB to play Man on a WR, they sometime do not do it, they play what looks like man coverage....from 10 yards away from the guy they are suppose to be covering. Also, what determines if the DB will line up over the WR or stay where he is after you call the man to man hot audible ?
I think it's a way to disguise the double. You could always manually put the DB in position tho.

Quote:
3. What determines when your D breaks the huddle, whether or not the CB will line up tight or loose on a WR ? I can call the same play 5 times and get mixed results each time. One or the other or both CB will change how they line up without any apparant rhyme or reason.?
I'm pretty sure that has to do with the speed of the receiver the DB is guarding. I would imagine that the faster receiver would get much more space.

Quote:
4. I have noticed in 3 deep zones the safty thats responsible for the middle of the field will spy the inside most WR on his side of the field. What I dont understand is he seems to spy that WR too long and will ignore a WR doing a post going right across his face.
I noticed that too and it seems like ironically the better FS's do that more than the not so good FS's. Still if you have a really good FS, he can make a decent play on the ball.

Have no idea about the QB Spy
Old 08-07-2004, 04:35 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: VC - Gameplay issues that need Addressing

Quote:
I think it's a way to disguise the double. You could always manually put the DB in position tho.
I do try to manually move them but when the offense is not giving you much time to make adjustments it can get pretty frustrating.

I think they need to make it so the playcalling screen is split like in Madden 93. So that as soon as the Defense breaks the huddle, They can make adjustments even if the offense has not yet broke the huddle. That or they need to give you the option to make the DB go line up on the man or stay where he is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »