Home

Help me understand...

This is a discussion on Help me understand... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 02:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help me understand...

One thing that has kept me from enjoying this came to it's fullest is the following:

When a runner or receiver gets a couple of steps ahead of me I can NEVER seem to catch them. However, when I catch the ball or run and I'm a couple of steps ahead of them...they always seem to catch me! I'm slappin the A button fast too! (LOL)

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Help me understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1way
One thing that has kept me from enjoying this came to it's fullest is the following:

When a runner or receiver gets a couple of steps ahead of me I can NEVER seem to catch them. However, when I catch the ball or run and I'm a couple of steps ahead of them...they always seem to catch me! I'm slappin the A button fast too! (LOL)

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.
Lowering the CPU's persuit while conversly raising the HUMAN persuit will certainly solve that problem. You just have to experiment with what numbers you're happy with.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

I actually raise the CPU's pursuit in my sliders in my franchise. I dont the tap A button for speed burst have the time because i use a lot of power backs. Even with my WR's i charge up one good speed burst to try to clear some yards between the Defender and myself. After that i decide wether to keep tapping the A button based on the player, but otherwise 80% of the time i always charge up to run.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:21 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Well I was having the same problem till I messed around with the sliders. I was finnally able to break of a nice long td reception and had enough room to showboat my way into the endzone.

I actually think the speed burst for human players relates to the running slider as well as the fatigue slider and pursuit slider. If the fatigue is too low, you can check a replay and see that your runner started off fast but then begin to slow down quickly. Its because he's super fatigued.

I dont think the cpu has any problems in that area. Why, because they're the cpu, they can do what they wanna do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »