Home

This game SUCKS, don't waste $20, please

This is a discussion on This game SUCKS, don't waste $20, please within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
This game SUCKS, don't waste $20, please

First of all, I know the standard defenses for a videogame. I will be called a flamer, fanboy of Madden, or just impatient or spoiled. I have seen everyone criticized for harshly criticizing games, and maybe they deserve it. But that isn't gonna stop me from bitchin.

First of all, I bought Madden yesterday, and so far, I don't like it. I think it's average. The graphics are bad compared to ESPN, I don't feel like I can play off of intuition or feel at all in Madden. ESPN makes me feel like I'm on the field, and the guy I'm controlling is making a difference, if I put effort into every play. Great game up to now. The graphics are an A in this game. So is tackling, animations, realism, stats, franchise is GREAT, and so is the CRIB. I have played this game TONS. Bought it on the 21st, on reserve at Gamestop. I play an average of 2-3 hrs per day, would probably play 5 hrs a day, if not for having to work like every one else. But here's what makes me wanna smash my XBOX into a thousand pieces cuz of this piece of crap.

I play on All-Pro, Cuz anything less is too easy, and Legend is beyond me, won't even try it. I have messed w/sliders and upped blocking and running, but what makes this game a utter piece of crap is interceptions. I can run well, and have no problem passing for 300 to 350 yards with Culpepper, in 12 minute quarters. What makes this game worthless is interceptions, or an overabundance of interceptions. I have messed w/interceptions big time, moved sliders around a lot, and it don't matter. I have 22 interceptions w/Culpepper, after 9 games, and that is also a lot because Culpepper was hurt a few games, although his rating has never dipped below 87. I even do weekly prep and have qb do film room and position drills to help out, doesn't work. I try and never throw into double coverage, have learned I can't throw across the middle at all unless I want to be picked about 1 out of every 3 passes. I don't throw off my backfoot or on the run, as I'm no fool, I know that reduces my effectivess and leads to wild and errant throws. But what an utter load of bulls88t, that I can't even keep my interceptions down. Yet I throw about 60 %, throw for about 230 yards or so, average about 30 attempts per game, and throw about 3 picks a game, and yet sliders make no difference, and trust me, I'm not throwing into double coverage or forcing throws. What really galls me is that all my other stats, on offense and defense, are spot on. No wild discrepancies. Nothing.

I cannot live with 22 picks in 8 games, and my games are not changing, nor is my interception clip. In fact, I'm probably throwing a few more picks as I get more acquanted w/ the game. I owned 2k4, and had no problem with this. They must have amped up the corner AI and corner catching ability/closing speed, I frickin make throws where in real life there's no way an average corner would make a pick, but in this game, the corners turn into Jesus Christ as soon as a ball is thrown there way. Trust me, I've messed w/sliders, it don't help. And my completion, yards per attempt, etc. are all reasonable., its not like i'm not capable at all pro level, or can't throw effectively. And like I said, if I'm not forcing throws, or throwing passes where the corner has the inside position on my throw, nor am I throwing bullet passes when lobs are required, I don't try 60 yard bombs every play, I mix up the playcalling. If this game didn't have this problem, imho, it would be a top 10 game All Time for Xbox. But when you're losing every other game b/c of picks, that's mother frickin ridiculous. I'm not a *****, I don't even like Madden, and loved 2k4, but talk about a letdown. I didn't even post on this game for the first 3 weeks, this is my first post, so I ain't jumping the gun, I just gotta let out my anger and disappointment at this crap. One frickin thing is taking all the joy out of this title.

Not wanting to throw 40 interceptions is not unreasonable. If you're on the fence, don't get this game, and Madden definitely isn't worth $50 either, but on Madden do what you want, I only have played it one day, but it just pales compared to ESPN, but like I said ESPN sucks when they have out of control logic for interceptions that cant be fixed by sliders. D8mn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 05:43 PM   #2
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: This game SUCKS, don't waste $20, please

well... since you said please.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:43 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

You don't like Madden or ESPN. Funny. before this is locked: You are a troll, fanboy, mama boy, geek, asshat, crybaby and need to get laid.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Um, you sure you turned ints all the to 0? Well, I have my ints at 7 clicks from the left and with Vick I threw the ball about 450 times and ended with 48 tds and 21 ints. Those were mostly my fault because made bad reads, forced the ball places and overthrew alot of receivers over the middle. Let's not forget I would hit the wrong button sometimes. I also had to be careful if I was throwing in the direction of a certain player. Maybe this helps....
Old 08-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

22 INT's in 8 games? Do you actually think everyone else is throwing 22 picks in 8 games like you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

you already proved you don't knwo anything about this game if you like the franchise at all, you like cribs, you can't play on Legend, and you play 12 minute quarters. You are already the opposite of anyone who is good in this game.

If franchise was good, this game would be perfect if it weren't for the DB AI. The DB AI is much better in Madden, but the running game is much better in ESPN (spare the tapping). Nothing else is wrong with these games this year.

Franchise is unplayable though with the draft glitch, the bad trading AI, horrible progression, and then for some reason weekly prep makes your players default overall change randomly (not because of the workouts etc), the players overalls are supposed to stay the same over the season (VC even said this) but the prep is only supposed to add or subtract a few points, but your default overall should stay the same all season. The franchise more is horribly screwed up. So Sportscenter is almost useless, if you even want to try franchise though, you have to turn off weekly prep or your team will get screwed up even more. That is the main thing wrong with this game.

Last edited by NoSkillz50; 08-11-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:53 PM   #7
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Learn to read the defense young Skywalker.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:57 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

They turn into Jesus Christ? I never knew he was a corner back. He must not have been very good, because the CBs suck in this game!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »