Home

Ninja Gaiden treatment for ESPN NFL 2k5?

This is a discussion on Ninja Gaiden treatment for ESPN NFL 2k5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2004, 02:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Talking Ninja Gaiden treatment for ESPN NFL 2k5?

Hello everyone, just had a few thoughts on something VC could consider doing for the current game or future versions of ESPN. Ive been reading about a downloadable enhancement for Ninja Gaiden that adds new enemies, costumes, tweaks for enemy AI ect. This got me thinking on what if they could release an expansion disk or download for ESPN that had some really cool additions such as gameplay tweaks to DB AI, special equipment and what not, online league additions ect. This way, if its considered an expansion it wouldnt have to be considered a patch.

I know that theres already an option for downloadable content but thats mainly for rosters. I was thinking of something more substantial.

Right now my list of expansion additions as you can see is pretty short but with the help of you folks here maybe we could come up with a decent list of things that would make the game even better. So what do you gents think, is there enough content we could list to request such an expansion? Just a thought.

If you have any ideas for ANYTHING please start a list below and maybe VC will consider such a idea as this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 03:05 AM   #2
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Ninja Gaiden treatment for ESPN NFL 2k5?

For what we paid for the game, I don't expect them to release or work on any mods beyond roster updates. I hope they got some time off after release so they can come back and concentrate on 06, I cant even fathom how they can top themselfs next year. (but I do have some ideas) The only thing I would like to see is the rosters updates avalible on the OXM disk each month.. Some of us still are still not on Live.. If you have any other ideas im sure they are lurking .......
Old 08-12-2004, 03:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ninja Gaiden has "hooks" built in as programmers seem to like to call them, specifically designing the game with this in mind....it would take considerable effort to put something like this in the game, especially since they probably just build on each year's version for the next year's version.....It would also take away too much time from other important areas....
Old 08-12-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondock
Ninja Gaiden has "hooks" built in as programmers seem to like to call them, specifically designing the game with this in mind....it would take considerable effort to put something like this in the game, especially since they probably just build on each year's version for the next year's version.....It would also take away too much time from other important areas....
Yeah, I would guess they have "hooks" built into their XBL components, as updates to that are to be expected, but I would be surprised if they could do that with offline components of the game. It would be nice, but I think they would just rather you bought NFL 2k6
Old 08-12-2004, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

last year or maybe 2 yrs ago i forget... but xbox live downloads changed some gameplay issue, like SUPERMAN dives were toned down and all... it really made a difference... i liked it... this year they are tweaking the leagues too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 05:58 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey Jerros!

I would love to see this too. It is actually something that Xbox has been bragging about since its development back in 2001.

Lemme see here…we are in the third year of the mighty Xbox and we just NOW, this year, got customized stadium music for NFL2k. If this lull in development time is any sort of a clue, don't look for update disks before another two years. And by then, we will be playing Xbox Next as our beer sits on our old dusty Xbox tables.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »