Home

Too many pics..?

This is a discussion on Too many pics..? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2004, 02:01 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Too many pics..?

I really haven't noticed too many. Over in the sliders topic they said they see too many of them. I see about 1 or 2 a game, thats all, thats not abnormal is it ? And I wonder why everybody likes their sliders at 0 for interception?

thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 02:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Too many pics..?

The only problem I have with pics is that my guys wont catch the ball 9 out of 10 times. I like controlling the safety manually and almost everytime I'm in position to make the pic but my guy just tips it once or twiice and watches it fall to the ground even when its a really soft lob .
Old 08-14-2004, 02:18 AM   #3
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Maybe you're just lucky then, cuz I see way too many picks, usually 3 as a MINIMUM.

So yeah, most people turn the INT slider way down.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:37 AM   #4
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

I must be really good at this game because in my season using the Colts, i`ve only given up 6 INT`s and my record is 10-3 on all-pro skill level. you just have to make good reads and be patient in the pocket and if your guys are not open, tack the sack or throw the ball away (black button) its much better than turning the ball over.

but if you think INT`s are a bitch in this game try Madden `04. I haven`t played `05 yet, so i`m not sure if the INT`s have been tonned down but in Madden `04 it was a nightmare. in Madden `04 the blitzing was incredibly unrealistic and it caused a ton of sacks and INT`s. but in ESPN this element of football is much more balanced.

and SINER-

do you use the black button for pics? if you press the black button your player will go for the INT. i`ve got 10 INT`s right now in my season and i`ve had injuries in my secondary for most of the season. i suppose that`s a decent stat considering the CPU`s offensive line is usually pretty solid at pass protection. but just press the black button.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am averaging about 6 per game on coach mode.. In Human versus CPU I see about 4 per game (CPU about 3 or so and me 1)... Its ridiculous.. Plus my INT slider is at zero.. Its become a game killer for me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
I am averaging about 6 per game on coach mode.. In Human versus CPU I see about 4 per game (CPU about 3 or so and me 1)... Its ridiculous.. Plus my INT slider is at zero.. Its become a game killer for me..
Yeah, in coach mode it is a killer. Unfortunately, you have to edit QBs and DBs ratings. See the other thread on here for that (Too many interceptions?).

C
Old 08-14-2004, 02:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Yeah, in coach mode it is a killer. Unfortunately, you have to edit QBs and DBs ratings. See the other thread on here for that (Too many interceptions?).

C
I tried that but when you sim the league games, those QB's will have crazy legendary stats and the top DB's will finish out with 4 INT's to lead the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »