Home

Cheesers ruin a great game online

This is a discussion on Cheesers ruin a great game online within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2004, 01:04 AM   #9
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Cheesers ruin a great game online

In my opinion Madden is hands down better for playing random people online this year. I've had some people try to cheese in Madden but most were unsuccessful since the new and improved D AI really stopped them from doing the same cheap stuff they'd obviously been trying last year (dropping back 30 yards and chucking the ball off their back foot), so I enjoyed putting a hurtin' on those guys.

It was cool in ESPN when I was playing a guy that was striaght up the whole game and then he started to cheese at the end when he fell behind he'd scramble all over with McNabb and throw slants to Owens running a lot of no huddle. He took a 1 point lead with 20 seconds left, but when he blitzed twice I was some how able to hit Porter for two long completions to get me into field goal range. He then decided the only option he had was to continue to go offsides over and over. I wasn't about to quit so I just kept kicking my FG's and after about 6 or 7 times they just handed me a win, so at least ESPN did add that.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I disagree with that fair play thing i lost 3 games because of "fair play" All because i'm winning i can't go for it on 4th and inches? ARE YOU CRAZY! That's not fair play that's just trying to keep the game close. All i had to do was a QB sneak and i'm good. I say if somebody wants to go for it on 4th down let them if they don't make it it's better for you. I was losing 10-9 in another game of Madden 4th and inches again in the 4th quarter they made me punt! The guy scores after a long drive he's up 17-9. I get the ball with 2 minutes left and breaks for a 70 yard td run then i do a onsides kick and get the ball back i'm down 17-15 ( missed 2pt conversion wide open the RB drops the pass) I get the ball to the 32 yard line with 7 seconds i try for 1 last shot to the endzone but the guy catches it just short and time runs out. I look back and say if it wasn't for fair play he wouldn't have went up 17-9. I could have held the ball for whole quarter just driving on him. What they DO need to fix in ESPN is how they can block every punt and block every field goal that's my biggest problem with ESPN online.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm sure there are some straight players on this site. Have you tried playing anybody from here??

Leagues can be great, but i feel you have to go through a season or two to weed out the bad guys, but once you have a good league established it can be awesome. The best Madden league i was in is the PTML, they have some straight up ballers in that league and it was a lot of fun. I elected to wait until they start their second season of '05 before joining again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #12
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm sure there are some straight players on this site. Have you tried playing anybody from here??
I wish ESPN had Lobbies. At first I thought they were idiotic, but I've been using the OS Lobby in madden. It allows me to get in games more frequently, and not just from my Friends list - but also not face Cheesy McCheeserstein and the Cheesy Poofs.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always thought EA had a better online layout than Sega. This is the problem Sega needs to work on for next year and that's online play. It's strange because NFL 2K was online way before Madden and it's still crappy. They improved from last year but it still can be better.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:27 PM   #14
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldznhoez
I always thought EA had a better online layout than Sega. This is the problem Sega needs to work on for next year and that's online play. It's strange because NFL 2K was online way before Madden and it's still crappy. They improved from last year but it still can be better.
Well, the lack of lobbies is an XBL thing. It's not an option in the base XBL toolset.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

What team goes for it on 4th down on their oppoents 41 with 24 seconds left in the first half of a ball game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 03:25 PM   #16
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
What team goes for it on 4th down on their oppoents 41 with 24 seconds left in the first half of a ball game?
Why would you punt? I've seen plenty of teams go for it in this situation. The risk vs. reward is very low. If you fail, chances are the other team don't have enough time to score and if you succeed, then you can score a FG or TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »