Home

ESPN Component Cables/S-Video/RCA??

This is a discussion on ESPN Component Cables/S-Video/RCA?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Talking ESPN Component Cables/S-Video/RCA??

Hey Guys ,
I was just wondering how you guys have hooked up your game machine (XBox , Playstation 2) to your tv?? Do you think that it's worth it to upgrade to s-video or the 5 component cable setup?? Thanks in Advance

ESPN RULES!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: ESPN Component Cables/S-Video/RCA??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
Hey Guys ,
I was just wondering how you guys have hooked up your game machine (XBox , Playstation 2) to your tv?? Do you think that it's worth it to upgrade to s-video or the 5 component cable setup?? Thanks in Advance

ESPN RULES!!!!
I have my Xbox hooked into my Sony 40" HDTV with the component cables and optical sound cable for Dolby 5.1. Component gives you the best picture if your tv sipports it. S-Video is second best, but also very good. The game looks stunning on my set...

C
Old 08-15-2004, 08:43 PM   #3
Pr*

Defel's Arena

OVR: 26

Use component if you can.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

I second that. Whichever console you're using component and digital out is the way to go.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:23 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Well guys..this all depends what his tv has for inputs. I take it he dont have a HDTV simply because he's asking if he should upgrade to svideo or component, most hdtv owners already know that its a must to do this. In this case yes upgrade to svideo or if your analong "non hdtv" tv does support component ...use that as its a bit better on analong tv's then svideo but you'll be hard pressed to tell the diffrence on your analong tv when comparing svideo vs component 480i interlaced.

Svideo will give you a better picture quality then regular rca cables and you'll really notice the diffrence. Going from Svideo to component on a regular analong tv wont give you much of an improvment though. What it boils down to is color bandwidth for those that didnt know...rca is the poorest out of the three then comes svideo which loses a little color bandwidth then finally component which loses pretty much none of the color bandwidth.

Now if we are talking about hdtv..then we got component progressive which gives you progressive picture quality. Component progressive "hdtv" is much better then component interlaced "analong tv"...so there ya go.

PS> All xbox games alteast support 480p..not many support any higher then this. Using an HDTV right now with the current generations of consoles dont really benefit at the moment....give or take a few games that do support 720p or 1080i. Next gen consoles will almost all support 720P or 1080i if not all.

ANd yes...ESPN rocks

Last edited by Moegames; 08-16-2004 at 01:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks MoeGames...you answered all my questions in your well informed post.

I really appreciate it. Hedgehog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »